Can Powerline Master work as a receiver

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-08 00:59:54 - last edited 2022-06-21 02:02:57
Model: TL-WPA8631P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have a kit TL-wpa8630P already working, know a bought the TL-Wpa8631P kit and successfully add the slave unit to the existing network.

Now I have the master unit of the Tl-WPA8631P laying around, I try using this one as slave two but no success.

So my question is , can the second master work as a slave unit connected to the first one? If yes,how?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can Powerline Master work as a receiver-Solution
2022-06-13 21:31:03 - last edited 2022-06-21 02:02:57

@Amsha 

Hey

Powerline adaptors dont work in a Primary / Secondary setup, they are all equal nodes with no one specifically in charge.

Therefore yes you can use any adaptor with any other adaptor, you will however need to sync them together to get them to talk to eachother.    Following your manual this should guide you through it

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can Powerline Master work as a receiver-Solution
2022-06-13 21:31:03 - last edited 2022-06-21 02:02:57

@Amsha 

Hey

Powerline adaptors dont work in a Primary / Secondary setup, they are all equal nodes with no one specifically in charge.

Therefore yes you can use any adaptor with any other adaptor, you will however need to sync them together to get them to talk to eachother.    Following your manual this should guide you through it

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 1