Deco M5 Disconnecting from other Decos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-08 11:31:09
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 Build 20210819 Rel. 43499

I have 7 Deco M5's connected by ethernet cables to a hub.

They have worked seamlessly for a long time and then yesterday i have only the Master  hub working fine, and the others are saying that they cannot connect to the Other Decos

The PC's are working on the network fine, but clearly anything needing the extended rech of the Wifi which the Deco's provided are now disconnected as well.

The Master Deco (which is working) is running the network and the modem connecting to the internet is working bridge mode.  

Help please

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Disconnecting from other Decos
2022-06-09 14:16:38

JulianMSmith wrote

I have 7 Deco M5's connected by ethernet cables to a hub.

They have worked seamlessly for a long time and then yesterday i have only the Master  hub working fine, and the others are saying that they cannot connect to the Other Decos

The PC's are working on the network fine, but clearly anything needing the extended rech of the Wifi which the Deco's provided are now disconnected as well.

The Master Deco (which is working) is running the network and the modem connecting to the internet is working bridge mode.  

Help please

Good day. Same issue too. I have 2 pieces of M4 (1 network) and 3 pieces of M5 (1 network)

and they are connected to one Optical Network Router.

All LED are green on the sets. Only problem is 1 piece of M5, the app keeps indicating it's disconnected

from other Deco within M5 Network. 

I had tried reset, swap and etc. it's still the same issue with that piece of M5.

All M5 sets updated to latest firmware.

I am also wondering what is wrong.

Hope there's a solution.

Good day!!

Options
2022-06-10 09:47:35

@DexterChua1972 

Hi, since the LED on the M5 is still green, it could still respond to the cloud so if ignoring the notification on the Deco APP, have you tried to connect the smartphone or a wired computer to this unit to check whether it could have internet or not?

Is it possible to connect this M5 via Ethernet cable to the nearest satellite M5 to see whether it made any difference?

By the way, how long have you had the M5 and when did this issue start?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-06-10 09:57:41

@JulianMSmith 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Are all your Deco still green when the rest of the satellite units are all disconnected on the APP?

Like DexterChua1972, could you please test it as well:

---If the LED on the M5 is still green, it could still respond to the cloud so if ignoring the notification on the Deco APP, have you tried to connect the smartphone or a wired computer to this unit to check whether it could have internet or not?

And can I have a picture of your network layout, such as?

And Does Deco work on the wireless router mode or access point?

best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-06-10 15:39:27

@David-TP 

Good day. Spoken to technical support. Did everything they asked.

Still having problem with that M5 unit. It just refuses to stay connected.

In the app, that unit is shown as disconnected with other deco. Even 

if it's connected, it appeared to be slowing or affecting the entire wifi

signal and internet speed. So I stopped using that unit.

The other two units are working properly and established a stable fast

network.

So I guess this unit will be a paperweight for the moment. Perhaps the 

future firmware upgrade might be the answer.

Have a nice weekend ahead!

Options