Slow speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow speed
Slow speed
2022-06-15 03:31:46
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

I have 3 M4s. I have 1gbps internet. The hard wired m4 I get 300mbps which I am fine with. But the other two m4s provide around 100mbps on a good day. They are about 10m apart from each other with wooden walls between them. Am I expecting too much?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Slow speed
2022-06-15 03:35:45

@TheNagual note I get 800mbps on my hardwired PC.

Options
2022-06-15 07:34:44

@TheNagual 

Hi, welcome to the community.

In case there is any misunderstanding, please help me check the following details:

1. Are you trying to say, from the main M4, the Ethernet connection could be 800m/s, while the wireless connection is 300m/s; and from the satellite M4s, the wireless speed is up to 100m/s?

---For M4. the link speed of 5Ghz is up to 866m/s, please also check the link speed on your mobile devices and make sure it is capable of 866m/s as well(How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client).

2. Are the two satellite M4s wirelessly connected to the Mesh?

--Could you please check the signal source on the two satellite units and are they both connected to the main M4?

3. Have you checked the Ethernet speed from the satellite M4s on the laptop?

Normally, the satellite wireless speed would be less than the speed of the main Deco---Why is my satellite Deco unit not getting the same speed as the main Deco?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-06-16 03:18:01 - last edited 2022-06-16 03:37:20

@David-TP 

1. Correct. However I can only test the wired speed of the main deco. I do not have a laptop.

Wired speed of main deco, 805mbps.

Wireless speed of Main deco 300mbps (on devices capable of higher speeds), galaxy a71 and a newer apple. I'm happy at 300mbps.

Wireless speeds of satellite decos,  100mbps+ this is my main concern. I'd like to get this faster. The satellites are quite close together. From one room to the room immediately  above. However, the furthest satellite is connected to the furthest m4, the main wired one

2. Yes the two satellites are connected Wireless to the main deco. Both of them have a signal source from the main deco.

3. No, I am unable to confirm wired connection of satellites. No laptop.

Thank you for any help.

Options
2022-06-16 03:37:47

@TheNagual 

Thanks for the update.

Is the attached picture the wireless speedtest from the main M5 on a certain device?

"Wired speed of the main deco, 805mbps.", may I know who did you test the wired speed from the main M4?

When you are available, could you please help me run a simple test:

1. Temporarily unplug the two satellite M4 units.

2. Stand where the two satellite M4 units used to be and connect the galaxy A71/Apple device to the main Deco and test how much speed on these two devices.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-06-16 03:46:46 - last edited 2022-06-16 03:47:57

@David-TP 

Yes the picture is connected wirelessly to the main device while standing right beside it.

Using speedtest.net to test speeds.

I unplugged both satellites. I am now at the furthest one and the speed is 40Mbps. If there was a way to get the furthest one to connect to the one in the middle, I think that would make a huge difference.

Options
2022-06-16 03:51:10
The speed on the phone at the center sattellite is 80Mbps when unplugged
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 293

Replies: 6

Related Articles