Forum Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Forum Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Forum Issues
Forum Issues
2022-06-16 15:30:44

I have created two posts which don't appear under My Posts, but the DO appear under My Subscriptions. When I click one of them on the My Subscriptions page then I'm presented with No Data Found. When I try to use the forum search function to find them they don't appear in the results. Is this normal? Are they being reviewed prior to be released?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Forum Issues
2022-06-16 15:32:21

Incidentally, THIS post now appears under My Posts on my profile, but the other two still do not.

Options
2022-06-16 15:59:44

@MSStateDawg 

There are actually 2 separate English-speaking communities.  https://community.tp-link.com/us and https://community.tp-link.com/en.   The community whose URL ends in EN is for our global customer base.  The community that ends in the US is obviously exclusively for US customers.  You can log into both communities with the same credentials so if you see a post not available look at the URL and if you see EN just change that portion to the US and you will be then on the right community. 

Options
2022-06-16 16:04:16

@Carl OMG how confusing, but that for the info.

Options
2022-06-16 22:13:40

@MSStateDawg 

trust me I understand but we are working on relief.  While the communities will remain separate the notifications since they share the same backend system is being worked on to be universal.  This means that eventually regardless of where you post you will receive notifications of when a reply is added.  It should help reduce the impact of concerns like this. 

Options
2022-06-26 14:48:50 - last edited 2022-06-26 14:58:31

@MSStateDawg 

Same exact thing happened to me. I wrote a thread explaining an issue with 2.4Ghz wifi signal on my Archer C4000 router. Came back this morning, and *poof*, the thread is gone.

See my new thread.

It has screen grabs just like yours.

The threads ARE NOT held back for mod review, as far as I can tell. Immediately after posting, I can see the thread, click on it and read it:

The simples explanation is that threads of a certain nature, like pointing out persistent defects with TP-Link products, are being taken down. I guess the intention is to supress reporting issues with TP-Link products? If so, the person/people moderating the forum are hopefully doing this in a "rogue" fashion, without consent of the corporate management at TP-Link.

I'll be walking away from TP-Link after this, unfortunately. Deleting customer questinos on support fortums is, in my experience, almost never done, and it's completely unacceptable

UPDATE:

So apparently, as explained several posts up in this thread, there is site bug where, having two different support sites (?) that appear identical, other than EN vs US in the site URL, will lead to the issue in this thread: a disconnect between the post count and post list in your user account, if you post the thread on say the US forrum, but then happen to visit the EN forum.

I appologize for "jumping the gun" on the moderators at TP-Link, as this bug made me believe that my post had been taken down for no reason.

Hopefully the bug in the site is remediated soon, to avoid others, like myself, from erroneously concluding their posts are being nuked. I just spent a lot of time and effort to figure out why my thread was "gone" (it wasn't, it was on a replicant site).

At least now I feel better that TP-Link doesn't seem to be removing customer threads intentionally, which is big relief.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 515

Replies: 5

Related Articles