x68 dropping internet connection multiple times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-17 08:20:43 - last edited 2022-06-20 06:33:44
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210519 Rel. 36755

I've now had two x68s for a little over a month now and this problem keeps persisting which has lead me to these forums. The units drop the WAN connection multiple times a day resulting in no internet connection. When I go into the app you see the red text saying "No Internet" under both the units. This is fixed by a reboot so it's not an issue with our modem nor provider (Ziggo NL).

What can I do to try to fix this issue? There doesn't seem to be any pattern to when it goes down either but it does seem to be happening more and more.

I do have port forwarding on as well as using TP-Links DDNS service. I'm also using Cloudflare's DNS. The main unit is connected to the modem as well as a switch that then serves the rest of the network including the other Deco.

Modem -> Deco (Main) -> Switch -> Switch -> Deco (2nd)

Any guidence would be very much appreciated as it's driving me up the wall. I've never had any network hardware that did anything like this.

Options
6 Reply
Re:x68 dropping internet connection multiple times a day
2022-06-17 12:58:37 - last edited 2022-06-20 06:33:44
Based on how you have it setup, are you using two switches that are hardwired together to create a wired backhaul? How are the devices setup? Are they in AP mode or Router mode? Is the "mesh" setting turned on? Just from first glance it seems odd that you would have your main deco wired to a switch, which is then wired to another switch, which is then wired to another deco? Why not let them wirelessly connect?
Options
2022-06-19 11:57:07 - last edited 2022-06-20 06:33:44
Thanks for the reply. The first switch is for the various rooms in the house, one of which is where the second switch is. That switch has various devices connected to it, including the second Deco. Why that deco is connected is indeed to have an ethernet backhaul. The main unit is set to router mode and mesh is turned on...which was the sole reason of choosing this system. We had more space to cover and I wanted a single SSID.
Options
2022-06-21 06:30:03

@NumbThumb 

Hi, thank you very much for the time and patience.

there is a debug firmware for Deco X68 and please refer to the private message to get the firmware.

At the same time, in case I need to consult your case with the senior engineers and could you please help me check the following information:

1.May I know the model number of your Ziggo cable/fiber modem?and how about the model number of the network switches?

2.Please go to Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4 and check the internet IP here before and after the disconnection to see whether Deco will get the valid IP all the time.

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-06-22 06:09:57

@David-TP 

Thanks for the reply. The answer to your questions:

Modem: Arris TG3492LG

Switch #1: TP-Link DGS-1005D (Feeds the other rooms, connected to main deco on port #2)

Switch #2: TP-Link TL-SG1005D (2nd deco is connected to this)

I'll look into the IP once it happens again. In the meantime I'll download the firmware.

Options
2022-06-22 07:05:10

@NumbThumb 

Thanks for the update.

I will wait for your update.

By the way, DGS-1005D is a D-link unmanaged switch and TL-SG1005D is ours.

Next time, when the internet dropped again, after checking the IPV4 IP address, before rebooting the Deco, could you please also test whether unplugging the DGS-1005D could restore the connection?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-25 13:35:44

@David-TP Sorry for the long delay in response. I updated to the beta firmware which then allowed me to upgrade to 1.10. Since then I haven't seen any WAN drop-outs so it'd appear everything is working as expected. Thanks.

Options