DDNS Not Working - "Rejected request from RFC1918 IP to public server address"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-17 11:43:37
Tags: #DDNS
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

Hi all,

When attempting to access my mesh network using DDNS, example - "xxxxxx.tplinkdns.com", I receive the following error - "Rejected request from RFC1918 IP to public server address."

By extension, I have a Synology DS220+ that I can not access by DDNS either, it results in an identical error to what is above, leading me to believe that the issue may well be linked. (I apologise if it is the case this is a seperate issue, the mesh network is my primary focus with this post.)

I have wiped/reset both the mesh network (comprised of S4s and E4R units) and the network settings on my NAS to no avail.

In terms of how I have the DDNS setup, I use the Deco app.

Seetings -> Advanced -> DDNS - DDNS option is set to True, and I have my domain name set in the format "xxxxxx.tplinkdns.com".

This all used to work flawlessly, so I am a bit puzzled!

Any help would be great,

Thanks in advance,

PJ

Options
1 Reply
Re:DDNS Not Working - "Rejected request from RFC1918 IP to public server address"
2022-06-21 07:54:21

@lunarlionheart 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Deco does not support remote management via web UI if you tend to access the web interface via DDNS.

As for the remote access to NAS, Have you opened any ports for the NAS server?

Are you able to access the NAS in the local LAN via LAN IP: port number, or externally via WAN IP: port number?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1658

Replies: 1

Tags

DDNS
Related Articles