Catch WiFi and pass through Ethernet inside a steel building

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-19 15:22:25 - last edited 2022-06-20 01:14:50
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am trying to map out a mesh system. I'm new at it. I want to transmit wireless to my metal shop building, and then use a wired connection through the steel wall and rebroadcast it inside the metal building. Something like this: Wireless mesh signal broad cast from house... wireless mesh signal received outside shop... internet signal passed via Cat 6 inside shop... Cat 6 signal broadcast wirelessly inside metal shop building.

I think two EAP225's would work for the connection from outside house to outside shop, but how can I change over to Cat 6 through the wall? Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Catch WiFi and pass through Ethernet inside a steel building
2022-06-20 07:14:39

@MrChuckles EAP225-Outdoor will be linked up to a PoE injector, then from PoE injector you can connect other devices indoor.

Also you can connect EAP225-Outdoor to a PoE switch if you have one.

The Mesh EAP can transmit data to Ethernet automatically, no further configuration required.

Check how to configure Mesh via two Omada EAP Guide.

Options
2022-06-20 13:19:43

@Somnus Thank you very much. I will order the network hardware. You answered my question perfectly.

Options
2022-06-23 16:48:16 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:21:50

EDIT

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 684

Replies: 3

Related Articles