ER605 Does not pass Internet from WAN1 Port

2023-11-23 09:43:29 - last edited 2023-11-24 02:33:59
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.2 Build 20231017 Rel.68869

Dear Team, I have set up an new ER605 with its default IP address and have enabled Link Balancing but the Internet through WAN1 Port does not go to LAN, os if Internet is there in WAN port then ER605 works fine but once the internet is removed from WAN Port ( but available in WAN1 Port ) the ER605 does not pass the internet from WAN1 to LAN Port

I did a factory reset and did all the settings. I have just masked the last digits of the IP address

System Status shows both WAN and WAN/LAN1 active.

In Load Balancing - online detection shows only WAN and in Link Backup only WAN shows up and no WAN/LAN1

My Case is both WAN are from fiber broadband and want the Load to be hsred between both ISP's - both to be active always and if any one fails the other takes over and now only WAN works and if WAN fails WAN/LAN1 does not work.I will not be using USB Modem. Please advice

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 Does not pass Internet from WAN1 Port-Solution
2023-11-24 01:02:40 - last edited 2023-11-24 02:33:59

Hi @senpoos1 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

It seems that the web interface glitched. So, I would recommend you reboot your router and use a different browser or clear the cache. Check if the page can show the normal Link Backup.

If the issue is not resolved, you can also consider upgrading it to the V2.1.5 beta. Early Access ER605 V2_2.1.5 Build 20231024 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller V5.11 (Released on Oct 26th, 2023)

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:ER605 Does not pass Internet from WAN1 Port-Solution
2023-11-24 01:02:40 - last edited 2023-11-24 02:33:59

Hi @senpoos1 

It seems that the web interface glitched. So, I would recommend you reboot your router and use a different browser or clear the cache. Check if the page can show the normal Link Backup.

If the issue is not resolved, you can also consider upgrading it to the V2.1.5 beta. Early Access ER605 V2_2.1.5 Build 20231024 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller V5.11 (Released on Oct 26th, 2023)

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER605 Does not pass Internet from WAN1 Port
2023-11-24 02:16:28

@Clive_A  Thanks a lot for the quick response. It was not a browser issue. Looks like V2.2.2 has lot of issues including this one. I upgraded to V2.1.5 beta and did a factory reset and everything is working fine.

1.) I have 2 Fiber Broadband WAN's but no 3rd WAN and have made the setup like below because want to use the both WAN's simultaneously. Hope it is correct ?

2.) In Load Balancing should i check - Enable Application based Optimized routing ?

3.) Is there a way to make Load Balancing 1:1 for WAN & WAN/LAN1

Please advice. Thanks a lot

Options
2023-11-24 02:33:36

Hi @senpoos1 

You can look it up here and search it on our official website.

Knowledge Base Common Questions About the Load Balancing & Link Backup(Failover)

How to configure Link Backup on Dual WAN Router using the new GUI

Options
2023-11-24 07:04:20 - last edited 2023-11-24 07:20:26

Hi  @Clive_A 

Thanks for your quick response. I did go through the links you have provided and sorry to say it was not clear to me, as my case is different. Sorry to disturb you again, can you please clarify the below points. Thanks for your help.

1.) I have 2 Fiber Broadband WAN's active always but no 3rd WAN and have made the setup like below because want to use the both WAN's simultaneously. Hope it is correct ? or i need not use Link Backup at all and just use Load Balacning only ?

2.) In Load Balancing should i check - Enable Application based Optimized routing ?

3.) Is there a way to make Load Balancing 1:1 for WAN & WAN/LAN1

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 265

Replies: 4

Related Articles