How to open FaceTime ports on TD-8817

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-30 04:45:12
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-8817

Hardware Version : V7

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Since installing my TD-8817, I am unable to send or receive FaceTime calls from my iPad or my Apple Mac. The Apple help pages suggest that certain ports need to be open to allow access, but the firewall on the TD-8817 appears to be only either 'on' or 'off'.

How can I "open" or "forward" or whatever the correct ports to get FaceTime to work? The TP-Link 1980s-style web-interface is rich in period jargon and acronyms, and completely opaque to the novice user (as I guess it was designed to be). So some instructions enabling FaceTime access would be useful.

Currently I have simply turned off the firewall. I realise that this is less than optimal, but can see no other way of actually getting any functionality out of the TD-8817 — which to me is a priority.

Thanks for any help anyone can give. In the meantime, my search continues for an accessible, easy to configure, Apple (and Apple services)-compatible modem router.
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to open FaceTime ports on TD-8817
2013-08-06 16:41:50
Hi.
You can go to the Status page to check which PVC is used to connect to Internet. Set statis IP addresses on the apples devices, check the port numbers and then refer to the following FAQ to open ports.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=205
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 638

Replies: 1

Related Articles