Few issues with Deco X73 with Deco x60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-20 13:54:52 - last edited 2022-06-20 13:55:56
Model: Deco X73-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

I havea  few issues with the new X73, any help or advice welcome.

1. Periodically the Deco mesh fails, all units turn red...wifi goes down and then recovers itself. This never happened with the X60 units before he X73 was added.
  2. When performing admin tasks on the X73, the CPU utilisation is very high, the UI performance is consequently bad, particularly bad using web UI.
  3. There us nowhere in the Deco app (iOS) that I can find any connection stats (e.g. sync rate) on the X73's DSL connection - but is available in web UI...why not app?
  4. The app often cannot see all mesh nodes, despite all being green and healthy. After a few minutes it can see them again with no intervention.

In summary, the X73 seems to have introduced instability to the mesh network, seems underpowered and also doesn't provide enough information in the UI to help troubleshooting.

Is there a guide for setting up the X73 with X60 mesh anywhere?

Thanks for any help with the above....questions welcome!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Few issues with Deco X73 with Deco x60
2022-06-21 02:18:16

@ukdan 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

May I know who is your internet service provider?

Before using Deco X73-DSL, do you use another DSL modem for internet service?

Later I would like to follow up on your case by email and could you please help me check the following information:

1. Can I have some pictures of the IPV4 settings before and after the internet dropped out: Under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4.

2. The DSL sync status could be seen on the web UI. How to check DSL sync status on Deco DSL model?

--Can I also have a picture of this page when the internet service went down?

3. The Deco status issue on the APP(Issue 4), I think might be related to the CPU usage.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-07-24 20:28:53

Hi   @ukdan ,

I have the X73-DSL and have faced very similar issues to you and have raised them to TP-Link.  Avery nice colleague has been working through my issues and providing beta updates to rectify some of them, however some still persist.

@David-TP, could you possibly put @ukdan in touch with Abner who is dealing with my issues in hope to consolidate and figure out the issues.

1. Periodically the Deco mesh fails, all units turn red...wifi goes down and then recovers itself. This never happened with the X60 units before he X73 was added.
    This happened every 24 hours for me and I would notice a sudden uplift in Errors up/down in the web status page.  this issue was fixed with a Beta version provided
  2. When performing admin tasks on the X73, the CPU utilization is very high, the UI performance is consequently bad, particularly bad using web UI.
    I noticed the exact same thing however I was advised to wait several seconds to check if it reduces, which it usually did but then fluctuated to 100% frequently. This still happens and no fix was found.
  3. There us nowhere in the Deco app (iOS) that I can find any connection stats (e.g. sync rate) on the X73's DSL connection - but is available in web UI...why not app?
    I asked for the very same thing as we are pushed to the app to configure everything so why not have the status page available here also.. I believe this has been put to the software team but no guarantees provided.  If more people raise this request it may get acted on quicker.
  4. The app often cannot see all mesh nodes, despite all being green and healthy. After a few minutes it can see them again with no intervention
    I see this also and raised it, sometimes clients will appear after 10 to 15 seconds, other times I will have to force close the app several times.
Options
2022-07-24 21:35:29 - last edited 2022-07-24 21:58:02

@BenGinders Hi, I actually got to a point where I could reproduce the issue...and it is very weird.

The main problem I was having was a failure of the mesh...seemingly randomly. Except it turned out it wasn't random, it was triggered by something...what was triggering it? Well, this is the weird bit.

There is an app on iPhone, a game, that syncs with the cloud...when opening this particular app, I can watch it produce some crazy metrics on the x73, it shows data upload throughput 10x what my connection can carry, and then the mesh fails. Every single time, identical behavior. If I don't open that app, zero crashes since I originally posted this.
So...what's going on? I assume two things. First the app is probably the genuine cause, creating a traffic profile that is ridiculous....maybe a form of DoS on the gateway - but the second thing is that the x73 cannot handle this behavior/traffic and just collapses.

If I can help provide more info or logs, I can try and run the app again and see if it's still an issue...but to be honest, it may be the game has been patched or conditions have changed in some way since I found this, so no promises.

I'd advise TP-Link to explain how and under what conditions the x73 can report upload speeds to the internet that are at impossible multiples of ISP bandwidth before crashing. If they figure this out, I think that would answer the root issue.

Options
2022-07-25 18:49:02

Hi  @ukdan,

Glad you found the resolution to your issue. Don't worry about the logs bit definitely keep us updated on this thread if you notice any other issues.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 792

Replies: 4

Related Articles