Main Deco is not listing wired connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-21 04:05:32
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.0

I recently installed a Deco X60 3-pack. All was fine for two days, then I began having problems. All appears to be connected properly, but then I could not see the status of the clients that are wired to the TP-link switch that is connected to the main deco. They seem to be working, but do not appear on the Deco app anywhere.

I thought about changing the main deco with one of the satellites , but did not know how to do that.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Main Deco is not listing wired connections
2022-06-22 08:08:44

@HerbieK 

Welcome to the community.

You could refer to this link to change a different Deco as the main Deco: How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco?

By the way, have you set up any static IP addresses on these wired clients?

What are these wired devices?

If you log into the web UI of the main Deco, will you see these devices on the web interface?-How to log into the web-based interface of my Deco?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-06-24 06:54:54 - last edited 2022-06-24 06:55:44

Thanks for the welcome. I did as you suggested and switched the main deco. I also logged into the web UI.

It still showed only the one wired connection on the satellite deco. Perhaps it is because I have wired the network as such: Modem> Main Deco> TP-Link 8-port switch> 2 Satellite Decos & 5 other wired devices (inc. my laptop).

Does the presence of the switch mask the connections?

Options
2022-06-24 06:57:25

@David-TP 

Same problem for me. Deco App is not showing any LAN device 

After plugin ethernet port on and out or restarting for few minutes all is fine, then devices disappear again. Also some devices shown have wrong IP reported, even they have a static IP set in Deco App. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 486

Replies: 3

Related Articles