moderate nat and upnp client list always empty

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-21 13:38:00 - last edited 2022-06-23 06:57:20
Model: Archer GX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220228 rel.60482(4555)

Hello,

I purchased the above router and need upnp to work as i am a father who games with his 2 sons on the likes of warzone/destiny 2/valorant etc.

I have a uk PPPoe connection with an ONT box straight to the TP-link router, 1gb down 110 up service.

I have tried various settings and reboots of devices etc but no matter what i do i cannot get open nat on any of the games.

I have checked my external ip is a public one so im not double nat from the isp.

I have disabled windows firewall and tested with just 1 pc and still no open nat.

I noticed in the client list on the upnp page there is nothing listed, upnp is enabled and i have not set any other form of port triggering or forwarding on the device.

I have tried rebooting the router, installed the latest firmware and still have the same issue.

Does anyone else have this issue or is there a fix coming? am i missing something?

thanks

Scorps

Options
4 Reply
Re:moderate nat and upnp client list always empty
2022-06-21 18:51:32 - last edited 2022-06-21 18:52:28

@Scorps75 

Hi,

To test if UPnP works at all on your GX90, can you please download a small tool called "UPnP Test 1.16" and run it?

I can't post external links here, but Google should find download links for you.

Every time you click the button "Test (Again)" an entry with the description "Test Port Map" should be added to the list on the UPnP page of the router.

Options
2022-06-21 19:31:52 - last edited 2022-06-21 19:37:38

@woozle 

Many thanks for the reply.

run the UPnP Test 1.16 and it passes all the tests and shows my external ip and adapter ip.

Plus it passes all the tests when run as administrator.

But nothing is populated in the UPnP Client List?

TEST 1 - Operating System Support - PASSED
TEST 2 - SSDP Service Running Check - PASSED
TEST 3 - SSDP Service Automatic Check - PASSED
TEST 4 - UPnPHost Service Running Check - PASSED
TEST 5 - UPnPHost Service Automatic Check - PASSED
TEST 6 - UPnP Framework Firewall Exception Check - PASSED
TEST 7 - Adapter #0 - ###.###.#.### - PASSED
TEST 8 - Get External IP Address (Result: ##.##.###.###) - PASSED

UPnP Test Program v1.16 Copyright Mark Gillespie 2010
Bugs/Comments to:  mark.gillespie@gmail.com
Please do not email me UPnP support requests. I will not answer them.

https://i.imgur.com/Qieoyyk.jpg

does this mean its buggy firmware or the device has a fault, i only just bought it.

thanks

Options
2022-06-22 04:24:02 - last edited 2022-06-22 04:44:59

@Scorps75 

re installed the firmware again and factory default set everything.

Setup the router again and i still have nothing populated in the upnp list.

Also i noticed the ui would occasionally not connect to the internet when using say google dns settings, but yet another reboot of the router and it then worked with goodle dns.

i do not know if the ui is buggy in general but it seems im having issues.

EDIT:

The plot thickens, i used that program you suggested and nothing appears in the upnp list.

i started up destiny 2 and have open nat, checked the upnp table and it had populated a port.

started up warzone and again open nat and 2 ports were populated.

started the second pc on warzone and moderate nat, but a single port was opened on the router.

So im not sure whats going on but that program doesnt seem to work, and for now upnp seems to be working to some degree, will see how long it lasts.

Options
2022-06-22 21:48:42 - last edited 2022-06-22 21:54:18

@Scorps75 

Actually I don't know what UPnP will do if two devices that are connected to this router request the same port number(s) to be forwarded to them.

I think issues are to be expected in such a scenario. (i.e. two instances of Warzone are being run simultanously)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1271

Replies: 4

Related Articles