When restoring Internet conections it does not notify all the devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-23 13:44:07 - last edited 2022-06-27 02:11:21
Tags: ##internet #connection
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 20161206 rel.65407

Hello;

After an Internet connections is restored, the router get it very well, but it is not notifying all the connected devices (wired or wireless) that the connection was restored, so we have to disconnect/reconnect on each device to have Internet again.

How can I fix this problem?

Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:When restoring Internet conections it does not notify all the devices-Solution
2022-06-24 05:51:44 - last edited 2022-06-27 02:11:21

@Dany40 

Do you mean the router itself connects to the internet fine when the connection restores, but the client devices that connect to the router will not access the internet, and you need to disconnect/reconnect on each device? 

The router firmware you provided seems quite old, please check and update the firmware first, then monitor the connectivity:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c60/v2/#Firmware

If the issue persists, please provide us with the below information:

1. Who is your ISP, and what is the WAN connection type on the C60?

2. When the connection restores, does the C60 get a WAN IP address successfully from the ISP modem? Is the internet LED on the C60 green?

3. Are all wireless devices showing connected but no internet? Are they getting a valid IP address before you disconnect/reconnect?

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:When restoring Internet conections it does not notify all the devices-Solution
2022-06-24 05:51:44 - last edited 2022-06-27 02:11:21

@Dany40 

Do you mean the router itself connects to the internet fine when the connection restores, but the client devices that connect to the router will not access the internet, and you need to disconnect/reconnect on each device? 

The router firmware you provided seems quite old, please check and update the firmware first, then monitor the connectivity:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c60/v2/#Firmware

If the issue persists, please provide us with the below information:

1. Who is your ISP, and what is the WAN connection type on the C60?

2. When the connection restores, does the C60 get a WAN IP address successfully from the ISP modem? Is the internet LED on the C60 green?

3. Are all wireless devices showing connected but no internet? Are they getting a valid IP address before you disconnect/reconnect?

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:When restoring Internet conections it does not notify all the devices
2022-06-24 12:13:50

@Kevin_Z Thank you!. I see two firmware versions (US and EU) ... how can I know what version do I have to install?

Options
Re:When restoring Internet conections it does not notify all the devices
2022-06-24 12:19:05

@Dany40 Sorry I found how. Thank you, the problem is solved!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 334

Replies: 3

Tags

#internet #connection
Related Articles