Deco M9+

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9+

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9+
Deco M9+
2022-06-24 10:47:16
Model: Archer A2  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi,

O have 4 Deco M9+ but the doesn't´t have all the functions that i need.

It´s possible user ont TP-Link router as "principal" and the other only for Mesh?

Thanks.

nnexuss

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M9+
2022-06-24 13:29:11

@nnexuss 

What you want is Deco mesh running in Access Point mode. In that mode, Deco provides WiFi signal only. There has to be the main Router in front of the main Deco, providing Internet and managing your home network. That router will be responsible for features like Antivirus, Parental Controls, QoS, and DHCP Server, etc. 

See What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

Options
2022-06-24 20:16:32

@Alexandre. 

Soo, the mesh will not work anymore if I put one router before the "main" M9+? 

Options
2022-06-27 10:07:32

@nnexuss 

Hi, may I know what features you could not find on Deco M9 plus and think it should be capable of?

If you add a router before M9 plus, and the router has its own Wi-Fi network, the Wi-Fi of the front router and the WiFi of Deco could not create a whole Mesh network.

But the Wi-Fi within Deco M9 units would still support mesh.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 333

Replies: 3

Related Articles