Repeater cuts off device's

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-26 21:53:01
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

Hi all,

I just installed an RE200 repeater as complement to my home WIFI which has an Archer C9 router at it's core. The repeater has a different SSID than my router.

Repeater seems to work just fine, all devices that are using the repeater's SSID appear as they should it the list of wireless devices in my router - and they all have internet access.

However the new setup makes me unable to reach the configuration web server of one of the devices. Previously, when the device was connected wirelessly directly to the router, I could just enter the device's local IP address in a browser to get to the configuration web page of the device. Attempting the same thing (with the new IP address it obtained dynamically) now that it is connected to the repeater fails - I cannot reach the configuration webpage any more.

Note that's it's specifically this configuration webpage of the device I can't reach any longer - all other connectivity functions of the device behaves as it should.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Repeater cuts off device's
2022-06-29 02:17:10 - last edited 2022-06-29 02:19:22

Hello  @thejellybear 

For unable to log in the web server  when network device connected to the Wifi of Range extender Wi-Fi, may I know is it a Windows PC? 

For Windows computer, please check if you have set the Network settings on Windows in Public Network/ Private Network .  In a private network, your PC is discoverable to other devices on the network. 

I shared you a third party guide via private message

Options