PPPoe SLOW speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

PPPoe SLOW speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
PPPoe SLOW speed
PPPoe SLOW speed
2022-06-29 13:21:22
Tags: #Slow PPPoE speed
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20211222 rel.74632(5553)

I found this problem after upgrading my internet speed to 500Mbps 

i can't get full speed when I set my 

Internet Connection Type to PPPoE 

the speed will go like 300~400Mbps

But when I set my 

Internet Connection Type to static IP 

the speed can go up to 500Mbps easily 

I'm confusing why I can get full speed when PPPoE?

Options
4 Reply
Re:PPPoe SLOW speed
2022-06-30 03:05:06

Hello @Unknownn 

Does this mean your ISP provides two types of internet connection? When using PPPoE or Static IP, is the Archer AX73 connected to the internet in the same way?

Who is your ISP? What if you connect a computer directly to the ISP modem bypass the AX73, and dial-up via PPPoE or set a static IP on the computer, will you get the same speed?

How to dial-up on a Windows computer? Check this.

How to set a static IP on the computer? Check this (be sure this is the static IP address you configured on the AX73 previously).

If you can get the same speed when using static or PPPoE on the computer directly, please help collect the following information for further troubleshooting on the AX73:

1. Please check and ensure all the other settings on the AX73 are the same when choosing static IP or PPPoE.

2. Show us the PPPoE settings on the AX73, you may mask the username and password to protect your privacy.

Options
2022-06-30 04:39:32 - last edited 2022-06-30 05:21:47

@Kevin_Z  

Does this mean your ISP provides two types of internet connection? A: No. (ISP modem is doing PPPoE when I use static IP)

(ISP modem support PPPoE relay)

When using PPPoE or Static IP, is the Archer AX73 connected to the internet in the same way? A: Yes.

Who is your ISP? A:HiNet.

What if you connect a computer directly to the ISP modem bypass the AX73, and dial-up via PPPoE or set a static IP on the computer, will you get the same speed? A:No.

I can get full speed when doing this.

All the other settings are the same when choosing static IP or PPPoE.

here is my PPPoE setting.

File:
B9094967-64E6-4131-AE33-01C5B0A02ABE.jpegDownload
Options
2022-06-30 08:07:59

@Unknownn 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

Apologies as I am running out of solutions on where to locate the exact issue. To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2022-06-30 08:11:31

@Kevin_Z thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 884

Replies: 4

Tags

Slow PPPoE speed
Related Articles