ER605 - "Use Fixed IP Address" (DHCP Reservation) Still not working after new Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 - "Use Fixed IP Address" (DHCP Reservation) Still not working after new Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-01 15:55:41 - last edited 2022-07-27 08:11:16
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hey together,

relating to this thread: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/560988

DHCP Reservation is still not working well, with the latest updates. I currently have 3 devices not using the "fixed IP adress".

Restarting or kicking the clients out, doesn't have any effect.

Currently running 21 clients with DHCP-Reservation, 3 not working and get a random IP.

Devices not working:
Apple iPad Air 2 with latest available iOS-Release.

Apple iWatch 4 with latest available WatchOS-Release.

VU+ Uno 4K SE (Sat-Receiver) with latest firmware of VTi.

3-4 weeks ago it was working. After my holidays its running bad...

Anyone else who still have the problems?

All my Omada-Devices are up-to-date.

Kind regards,

Skeidinho

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 - "Use Fixed IP Address" (DHCP Reservation) Still not working after new Firmware-Solution
2022-07-27 08:11:11 - last edited 2022-07-27 08:11:16

Dear @Adoril, @BCCL, @PopolZ, @PST_TI, @windows10luke@Riverfront, @Skeidinho, and other community members,

Skeidinho wrote

DHCP Reservation is still not working well, with the latest updates. I currently have 3 devices not using the "fixed IP adress".

Sorry for any trouble caused. After further troubleshooting and investigation, the R&D team has finally addressed the issue.

The following solution post has provided the Beta firmware to fix the issue (other beta firmware will be provided gradually).

Solution  ER605 ER7206 - “Use Fixed IP Address” (DHCP Reservation) Doesn't Take Effect

Thank you all for your huge support and patience!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:ER605 - "Use Fixed IP Address" (DHCP Reservation) Still not working after new Firmware
2022-07-01 22:51:58

@Skeidinho 

I am still experiencing problems as well. The problems started after the last update to the ER605 (1.2.1).

Options
Re:ER605 - "Use Fixed IP Address" (DHCP Reservation) Still not working after new Firmware
2022-07-02 16:30:11

I have the same issue.

I had upgrade my ER7206 v1.0 router to firmware 1.2.1 Build 20220512 Rel.77113 and still experiencing the same problem, clients with DHCP reservation don't get its fixed ip.

Options
2022-07-03 19:57:25

I'm also having the issue on my 7206 since 1.2.1 Build 20220512 Rel.77113

I had issues with my tplink tapo C100 before but it had been fix with 1.2.0 beta.

Now none are working properly, Linux desktops, rpi, canon printer and the tapos.

Options
2022-07-03 21:10:26

@Skeidinho 

I am having the same issue with a Lutron Repeater and Connect Bridge on the Omada system. The router produces random ip address after reboots, etc. Not the one assigned in the Configuration. 

Model:

ER605 v1.0

Firmware Version:

1.2.1 Build 20220512 Rel.76748

Options
2022-07-04 06:40:35 - last edited 2022-07-10 08:28:04

Dear @Skeidinho,

Skeidinho wrote

Currently running 21 clients with DHCP-Reservation, 3 not working and get a random IP.

Devices not working:
Apple iPad Air 2 with latest available iOS-Release.

Apple iWatch 4 with latest available WatchOS-Release.

VU+ Uno 4K SE (Sat-Receiver) with latest firmware of VTi.

3-4 weeks ago it was working. After my holidays its running bad...

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue to our community!

Did you install the Beta firmware provided in this thread before?

Can you still recall the previous firmware version of your ER605 router?

Is there anything special with the 3 devices which are not using the "fixed IP address"?

Are they all connected via Wi-Fi to your network? Could you please describe your network topology?

Do you have the same MAC address for those 3 devices when you compare each in the Clients list and in the DHCP Reservation list?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-07-04 10:36:46

Hi All,

Skeidinho wrote

The DHCP Reservation issue has been reported to our support engineer for further investigation. If you are willing to cooperate with our support engineer to try further troubleshooting, please feel free to let me know.

Options
2022-07-04 13:23:41

@Skeidinho 

I am willing to help you resolve the issue. Prior to the upgrade to latest firmware these devices were working fine. I now have to do a static ip reservation on the Lutron app to use the lutron system since DHCP reservation on Omada now does not yield the desired result.

Options
2022-07-04 15:55:54

First of all: Thank you everyone who shared their issues as well. It seems I am not alone with it :-). 

@Fae 

Fae wrote

Did you install the Beta firmware provided in this thread before?

Can you still recall the previous firmware version of your ER605 router?

Is there anything special with the 3 devices which are not using the "fixed IP address"?

Are they all connected via Wi-Fi to your network? Could you please describe your network topology?

Do you have the same MAC address for those 3 devices when you compare each in the Clients list and in the DHCP Reservation list?

Current Firmware: 1.2.1 Build 20220512 Rel.76748

Previous Firmware (without this issues): 1.2.0 Build 20220114

There is nothing special relating the clients. Everything has kept the same and nothing has been changed the last weeks. So I think it's not caused by the clients. The others are working, especially other Apple-Devices like an iPad Pro or iPhone 13.

All my Wireless-Devices are connected to a WiFi Network. My Network is shown in the picture. All Devices are up-to-date.

The MAC-Adresses in the Client-Overview are matching the clients. 

Of course I will try to help your Software Engineer, if this is helpfull for you and the other users. Please let me know what I can do.

I am happy to hear from you.

Skeidinho

Options
2022-07-04 16:01:25

@Riverfront 

Good idea to force a static-IP within the client.

I manually typed the static-IP into the client, but then I don't get any WiFi-Connection. After selecting "Automatic" again, the connection works.

Options
2022-07-05 01:23:35

Dear @Riverfront,

Riverfront wrote

I am willing to help you resolve the issue. Prior to the upgrade to latest firmware these devices were working fine. I now have to do a static ip reservation on the Lutron app to use the lutron system since DHCP reservation on Omada now does not yield the desired result.

Thank you so much for your cooperation. I've created a support ticket via your registered email address and escalated it to our support engineer for further follow up. The ticket ID is TKID220704260, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Options