USB sharing Copy File Error: BUG FOUND with One Drive "P" file attribute.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-03 11:13:00 - last edited 2022-07-04 11:17:59
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20220317 rel.50456(4555)

Sometimes, copying files from the PC to a shared USB disk (via SMB), this error was returned ""Destination Folder Access Denied"
"You need permission to perform this action".  The strange thing is that I could copy the folders but not the files.

After several attempts I found that One Drive sets the "P" (pin) attribute to files, as they are copied into One Drive.

29587a64f50142f0a79411b7263dc022

Long story short first I copy the file to another folder on my HD (away from the One Drive folder), then I delete the P attribute ("attrib -P filename" from a command prompt window) and I was able to copy the file to a TP-Link USB share with no errors.

3eaa966f67f9431180ed542d4ef64dfc

I would therefore like to report that there is a bug or some sort of incompatibility with sharing USB disks on TP-Link routers when a file has passed through One Drive (and the P attribute has been added).

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:USB sharing Copy File Error: BUG FOUND with One Drive "P" file attribute.
2022-07-05 07:45:21

Hello @paulik8 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

To figure it out or confirm if this is a bug, I would like to forward your case to our TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 460

Replies: 1

Related Articles