WhatsApp disconnecting and strange behavior with DECO S4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-05 01:59:19
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

May I please ask for help with a very unusual behavior of WiFi of Deco S4 using 6 devices?

Problem is with WhatsApp and Deco S4 setup with 2.4GHz access. Problem is intermittent meaning that it occurs maybe 70% of the time with no obvious reasons why.

Internet source is not the reason which I checked. S4 network is accessed through WiFi with Android phones made by Samsung. We are communicating using WhatsApp.

The voice only calls are frequently disconnected, while video calls have video feed stopping with voice uninterrupted. That in itself is strange.

When the video stops - the super sharp image remains on the screen, until anther image reappears fraction of a second later.

There is no smooth video when that happens. It is weird, because with insufficient bandwidth the WhatsApp usually reduces video quality and image pixelates.

This is not happening. It looks like WhatsApp is transmitting picture after picture during call, not a video feed. 

I check the internet connection and it is good and stable, I checked the phone with cellular data and works fine - it's just this Deco S4 WiFi.

Also - I have an ancient router on the internet line and if I connect directly to that WiFi (it is a different network) then all the calls are fine.

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:WhatsApp disconnecting and strange behavior with DECO S4
2022-07-05 10:17:49 - last edited 2022-07-05 10:19:58

@WhatsAppJack 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. make sure the SIP ALG is enabled on the Deco APP>More>Advanced.

2. add the WhatsApp host device to  "high priority".

3. turn off the "Mesh Technology" for  WhatsApp host device.

If possible, it is also suggested to enable the guest network for 5ghz only and connect the WhatsApp host device to the guest network to see whether the connection gets any better.

By the way, will this issue happen more frequently when moving around different Mesh units?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-05 16:17:07

@David-TP Thank you David for this information, could you please explain how to add the WhatsApp host device to  "high priority".

You mean the Samsung phone with WhatsApp, right? How do I enable the "high priority" on that? Where?

Options
2022-07-06 03:09:35

WhatsAppJack wrote

@David-TP Thank you David for this information, could you please explain how to add the WhatsApp host device to  "high priority".

You mean the Samsung phone with WhatsApp, right? How do I enable the "high priority" on that? Where?

@WhatsAppJack 

Yes, the Samsung phone with WhatsApp.

Please refer to the attached picture to enable "high priority".

(Note: This feature is only supported under wireless router mode)

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 695

Replies: 3

Related Articles