Parental Controls don't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-23 09:27:31
Region : Australia

Model : TD-W8980

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 0.6 v000e.0 Build 130304 Rel.38108n

ISP :

I bought this modem 2 weeks ago and for the life of me can't get the parental controls to work.
If I enable them the Mac addresses I have listed do not have access at all no matter how I have the schedule set up.
I bought this modem for this very reason so I am extremely frustrated.
Please help ASAP !!!
Options
3 Reply
Re:Parental Controls don't work
2013-05-24 09:15:15
under the parental control, whether you have entered some URLs? this function is used for allowing some MAC addresses to access some URLs under appointed time.
so if you didn't enter any URLs, maybe you can't access to any website.
that's my own opinion, for your reference.
Options
2013-07-13 19:54:12
As far as i can make out the conditions for parental control are
chosen MAC address can access the chosen URLs during the chosen times. (logic AND conditions)
Way to limiting, unless the kids only visit a handful of websites.
It would be far better to have a wildcard "www.*.*" approach so all websites are allowed/disabled during the preset times.
Failing that i will have to enter every URL in existence, which may take some time!

Maybe someone else has a better work-around solution?

So how would i block xbox live?
Options
2013-07-15 16:27:48
"So how would i block xbox live?"
You can find out the port numbers of Xbox live and the MAC address of Xbox. And then go the web page of the modem, enble IPV4 firewall and do filtering rules based on the MAC address of Xbox and port numbers to block the connnection on the Xbox.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 422

Replies: 3

Related Articles