connected but no internet when multiple device connected to router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-08 15:08:05
Tags: #Firmware Update #No Internet
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: ‪1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210803 Rel.55933n

Hi

I have this problem since the beginning, so when I have connected my router to multiple device, it's starting to get RTO, and no internet connection, even when the status was connected to the internet.  I tried to reboot and wont help, I tried to do factory reset it did help but when I starting to connecting with multiple devices, it start to get no internet again, I'm connected through WiFi btw.  

I tried to change the DNS but it like no effect at all, because when I see in internet status page, I see that the primary DNS still using default one from SIM provider.  Oh yaa I'm using Telkomsel (Indonesia SIM provider)

another thing that I notice is when I using VPN, the connection is normal.  So using VPN helps but it wont really because my connection is a bit unstable when using VPN, and also some of my device didn't have VPN feature

is there any solution for this? maybe framework update?
it will really helpfull

Best Regards,
Dridsss

Options
4 Reply
Re:connected but no internet when multiple device connected to router
2022-07-10 14:25:46
Question: What do the router's logs say about your problem? (I have a MR600 v2, but it should be in Advance -> System -> Logs) Also, try to update your MR6400 to the latest firmware
Options
2022-07-11 02:48:34

@drid 

Hi, you mean internet works fine when only one client device connected, but when you connect more client devices, all the client devices will have no internet access including the first client device? 

If so, please contact the ISP of your SIM card to confirm if the SIM card plan has any restrictions such as only for smartphone/tablet, or only for specific devices, or sharing internet is not allowed etc. If no such restrictions, please share with us a screenshot of Advanced->Status page and also the system log file.

In addition, if you have any other SIM card available to test, please also test if it still has the same issue.

Options
2022-07-11 13:42:58

Hi @Sunshine 
Thanks for the reply

I tried to ask my ISP Provider today but seems like it really hard to get expected response from my ISP.  My ISP Just confirm that my connection is normal and package is active, that the only information I got for now.

I followed this post https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/234510 and realize that if I switch into 3G only, then my connection is fine with multiple device connected at the same time.  I tried to do some scenario like switching to 4g Only and connect with 4 devices (2 laptop, 2 android phone) and it's look like only 1 device that have internet connection at the same time when I'm using 4g Only. Sometimes my laptop, sometimes my smartphone.

Tried to look at system log, I see that looks like everything is normal I guess? I'm not sure either.  

after do some testing with 4g only, switching back to 3g makes all internet connection working normal again.

Haven't tried to use another SIM Card but will try to switch to another SIM Provider

This is sc I took from status page 

My signal sometimes go from 25% to 75%

This is my log file (don't know why, I can't upload file in this reply)

I'll keep you update when I have test with another SIM Card
Thanks

Regards,
Drid

Options
2022-07-12 02:03:30

@drid 

Hi, thank you very much for the reply.

Screenshot and system log seem all correct, let us know after you test different SIM card please.

By the way, for the current SIM card, you could also test it on other 4G router or even smartphone, if you test it on smartphone, please enable phone hotspot and connect multiple devices to the phone hotspot to see if all of them will connect to the internet at the same time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 469

Replies: 4

Tags

Firmware Update
No Internet