WhatsApp Calls Issues on Deco X60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-11 14:31:14
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20211228 Rel. 55234

Hi. I bought 3 units of TP-Link Deco X60 and distribute them around my place (the 3 units are connected between them by UTP Cable). Operation Mode is set to "Router Wifi" (the recommended one). I have security cameras, 1 Alexa, 1 Printer, 3 TVs with Neflix, 4 laptops and other devices connected to this new network! Everything seems to work fine, but the WhatsApp Calls (voice or video) are extremely horrible! Something that never happen with my old TP-Link TL-WR941HP!!! I've tried with 4 cellphones (all android ones) and got the same results: WhatsApp messages go through, but calls are really unstable... the calls break a lot... almost impossible to communicate! Should I change/try any settings??? What should it be???

Options
1 Reply
Re:WhatsApp Calls Issues on Deco X60
2022-07-12 08:23:20

@Iron7484 

Thanks for the feedback.

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Please turn off the "Mesh Technology" on the cellphones.

2. If possible, please enable guest network for 5ghz only and test whether WhatsApp calls still dropped a lot?

By the way, do the intermittent Voice/Video calls happen a lot during walking around or on standby?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 273

Replies: 1

Related Articles