Deco x68 additional satelite don't detect tri-band.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-11 16:40:10
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220530 Rel. 38490

Hi,

I purhased my first Deco x68 3-pack set. These all 3 deco work with Tri-band (2.4GHz/5 GHz_1/5 GHz_2).

Afterward I purhased additional Deco x68 2-pack set. These lastest 2 deco are not able to detect Tri-band, only dual-band (2.4GHz/5 GHz).

All Decos have the same firmware version.

3-pack set hardware version is V1 and

2-pack set hardware version is V1.6.

When the main satelite is one of 3-pack set I'm able to get work Tri-band those 3-pack set and Dual-band 2-pack set.

When I switched to use main satelite one of 2-pack set, it caused to work all satelites only Dual-band.

How to solve this problem?

Regards

Markku

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco x68 additional satelite don't detect tri-band.
2022-07-12 08:03:12

@MarkkuH Thank you very much for the feedback.

I checked via your TP-Link ID and there are 3*pack EU version Deco X68+2*pack US version Deco X68.

Different versions will support different wireless channels for 5ghz bands.

And I see in Finland, only the EU version is for sale and you are not supposed to get the US version. May I know where did you purchase the two-pack set?

If possible, please contact the shop retailer to change the US pack for the EU pack for better performance.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-12 09:02:21

@David-TP Thanks for your answer. I ordered 2-pack set from Amazon. I don't know do they accept to change different region.

Regards

Markku

Options
2022-12-21 11:14:17
I think the channel feedback should be from the Main deco and rest should follow. Why is there a region lock and different channels. Thats make is it a problem for end consumer as it is not necessary to buy electronics from ur country of orgin. This kills the purpose.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 287

Replies: 3

Related Articles