Video game server browsers disable my router and turn the LED red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-12 00:13:41 - last edited 2022-07-12 00:17:04
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

If I launch games like Squad or Rust and start to use the server browser by refreshing the list, my WiFi stops working and the router LED turns red. 

I assume this problem is caused by an oversensitive firewall or flood protection system in the router. I am certain it is not a port issue because I have opened all the requisite ports on the router and on my computer. Furthermore, if I lower the search rate through Steam (a game launcher) it fixes the issue, but then games do not find all the servers. I have tried looking through the M9 Plus settings in the app, but no options fixed anything. 

Can you help? Have I deduced the problem, and if so, how does one make the Deco M9 Plus firewall less sensitive?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Video game server browsers disable my router and turn the LED red
2022-07-12 08:43:55

@Nedks 

Hi, is the gaming host connected to Deco M9 plus via Wi-Fi? would it be possible to be connected via Ethernet cable?

As for the firewall settings on the Deco M9 Plus, currently, there are only on/off switches for content filter/intrusion prevention.

When you are available, you could try to temporarily turn off the firewall to see whether it made any difference.

If it is not possible to link the gaming PC to Deco via Ethernet cable, please make sure it is connected to 5ghz and turn off the "Mesh Technology" for the PC:

And if you are able to reproduce this issue quite a lot, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-12 11:20:38

@David-TP Hello! Thank you for your help. I have three M9 plus in a mesh network, with one connected to my modem to act as a router. My computer is cabled via ethernet to a sattalite m9s on the first floor (second floor in USA), with the modem on the ground floor. 

Where can I find the intrusion prevention settings?

How does one turn off the router firewall? Do you mean my computer firewall? If so, I have tried that and it doesn't fix the problem, unfortunately. 

I also don't have that 'mesh technology' settings button. Do I have to be the owner to see that toggle? Regardless, if I understand correctly,  it doesn't matter, as I am connected to one of the dishes through a cable. 

Thank you,

Edward

Options
2022-07-12 12:06:07

@Nedks 

Hi, the firewall setting could be seen here:

You are right and if the PC is connected via cable, there is no "Mesh" toggle.

By the way, only the satellite Deco that the PC is connected to will turn red, the main M9 plus downstairs is still fine, right?

Did this issue repeat frequently or will you be able to reproduce the same issue most of the time? 

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-12 13:44:47 - last edited 2022-07-12 13:56:25

@fDavid-TP I don't see the firewall option. Is this because I only have 'manager' control instead of owner permissions? The issue consistently happens when I use certain video game browsers. I assume it only affects the dish I am wired to because I don't hear any complaints of someone's WiFi suddenly dropping. I should also add that besides this issue, the dishes work flawlessly, which leads me to think it's probably an issue with the M9. It could be bad development from the game, but I only see a few complaints, and I haven't had this issue on other WiFi set-ups. Furthermore, I have tried launching the games with Windows firewall disabled, but the problem persists. 

Thanks and sorry about the picture sizes. I don't know how to make them smaller.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 300

Replies: 4

Related Articles