Getting brute force attacks notifications from my AV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-12 18:31:27
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 210826 Rel.42166n

I am getting brute force attacks notifications "Multiple failed login attempts were made by XXXXX" which is the ip of my repeater "RE450" from the AV. On a second thought I also got the repeater blocked in the Blocked DoS Host List on the router a couple of days ago. Whats going on ?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Getting brute force attacks notifications from my AV
2022-07-12 19:44:35 - last edited 2022-07-12 19:58:43

@MIOT 

Lower these settings and test again:

Your RE450 has triggered the DoS filtering and the RE450 has been put in Blocked DoS Host List.

These could be a false possitives from your AV, make the approprite settings changes to suppres these messages.

Just to know you're safe, make sure all devices connecting to your RE450 are protected and scaned against viruses.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Getting brute force attacks notifications from my AV
2022-07-12 19:56:09

@terziyski 

I already de blocked the RE450 yesterday. The brute force notification was received today while the repeater wasn't blocked in the router's settings.

Options