Cant log in after change of password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-15 18:48:51
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just purchased the archer ax53. All sets up fine with default settings and even if I change the name. But if I change the password I obviously get kicked asking me to log back in but it does not allow me to use the password I just changed it too and the only work around to get back in seems to be a factory reset and start again. Anyone encountered this problem. Tried this 5 times now and it's getting annoying.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Cant log in after change of password
2022-07-19 06:12:51

Hello @Madmart 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Can you confirm which password are you referring to, the login password to access the router web interface, or the password for the wireless network? Please check and review the password you created, be sure there is no space at the end or in the beginning.

If you are sure the password is correct but still cannot login to the router, please check the suggestions in the following article and report back if any works:

Why Do I Fail to Access tplinkwifi.net?

Options
2022-07-19 19:47:56

@Kevin_Z 

It's the WiFi password as soon as I change from default it I cannot log into the router again with the password i changed it to. Tried multiple times and always locks me out. I have yet to have time to change it while hard wired to see if anything else changes inside when I make the password change though 

Options
2022-07-20 02:50:58

@Madmart 

Got you. When you try to access the router web interface, you need to use the login password that you created but not the password for the Wi-Fi. When you reset the router to factory defaults and try to login to the web interface again, you will see the pop-up window requiring you to create a login password, you can create the password on your own and use it to login to the router next time. 

You can follow this article to create and find the login password.

Options
2022-07-20 18:51:01

@Kevin_Z

I'm not just trying to get into settings just connecting any other device to the WiFi the password doesn't work. The only thing that seems to be working is leaving it as default password 

Options
2022-07-21 06:35:00

@Madmart 

Can I know the hardware version and firmware version of the AX53? Be sure the firmware is up-to-date, which is Archer AX53(EU)_V1_220428.

Or if possible, you may try one more time by resetting the router to factory defaults, then set up the internet access and leave all the other settings by default to confirm you can connect to the wireless network of the AX53. If yes, then try to change the SSID (network name) and password at the same time, reboot the router, then check again if you can connect to the wireless. Please don't change any other settings and determine if you can connect.

If still doesn't work, please let me know what password did you try to change to via private message, then we will confirm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 430

Replies: 5

Related Articles