EXTENDER CANNOT FIND WIFI NETWORK - CANNOT ENTER MANUALLY AS SECURITY TYPE IN NOT AN OPTION ON APP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EXTENDER CANNOT FIND WIFI NETWORK - CANNOT ENTER MANUALLY AS SECURITY TYPE IN NOT AN OPTION ON APP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-19 23:48:01
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: AC2600 DUAL BAND MESH WIFI EXTENDER

The extender does not pick up the wif network I wish to extend.  I tried to enter manually but it still does not detect it.  The security on the wifi network is WPA2/WPA3-Enterprise.  This is not an option on the app when connecting.  How do I locate the wife network on the extender so that I can connect?  I have it close to router and the network is visible on my laptop and phone.

Options
1 Reply
Re:EXTENDER CANNOT FIND WIFI NETWORK - CANNOT ENTER MANUALLY AS SECURITY TYPE IN NOT AN OPTION ON APP
2022-07-20 07:34:06

Hello  @RGB01 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please try some suggestions here if extender can not find wifi network of your router : 

What should I do if the range extender cannot find my host network?

May I know extender not find 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz network?

For 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi network, you could try change to Wi-Fi channel among Channel 1-11

For 5Ghz Wi-Fi network, you could try to change Wi-Fi channel to 5Ghz channel 36/40/44/48

If still the same, may I know the model of router, can you share a photo of router Wi-Fi settings, and also a page showing extender not seeing the Wi-Fi network?

Can extender see the other Wi-Fi network from your neighbor?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 198

Replies: 1

Related Articles