Can't connect via SSH to wired RP3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-23 03:08:32
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello-

With my current setup, I have a cable modem plugged into a router set to bridge mode (connected to a LAN port) which then connects (again, via LAN ports) to an RaspberryPi3 and out LG-TV, as well as our Deco-M5, which is used for WiFi.

Since setting it up this way, I find that I can no longer ping or SSH(terminal) to the RP3 from a laptop on the wifi, nor can I browse to web-applications on the RP3.

Is there a diferent way I should connect things?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't connect via SSH to wired RP3
2022-07-25 03:11:48

@Awaredev 

Welcome to the community.

Is your network layout like the following?

And is Deco M5 working on the wireless router mode?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Can't connect via SSH to wired RP3
2022-07-25 18:31:13

@David-TP 

Hi David-

Yes- this is the setup. I'm on Primus internet in Canada, and assumed that the TP-Link was functioning as a Wi-Fi access point for the modem, however I see now that it is working as the main router.

Oddly, I found out the RP3 has NO internet access, while the TV does. I can also project to the TV from the Laptop, or phone. I have switched the RP3 to wifi, and it seems fine, but to minimize wifi traffic I may switch to AP mode on the TP-Link and see if the Modem has router capability and DHCP set up that is user configurable.

Thanks,

Brennan

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 202

Replies: 2

Related Articles