Connection gets unstalbe when using VPN(GlobalProtect) in PC under Deco X60 network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connection gets unstalbe when using VPN(GlobalProtect) in PC under Deco X60 network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-23 03:53:21 - last edited 2022-07-23 05:02:10
Tags: #VPN
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: V3_1.0.11_220419

I use several PCs or tablets under Deco network and I use VPN(GlobalProtect) in my work PC for accessing my company network from my home. Other PCs and tablets does not use VPN.

With Deco X60 (PPPoE, router mode) VPN connection gets unstable and sometimes I can't access contents in internal domain though I can access public site such as google and github.
I had no problem with Deco M9 plus with latest firmware.

I have quickly gone through posts in this community and following posts look similar issue although they are diffirent Deco model or different VPN client.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/550488

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/573262

Is there any known issue or restriction for using VPN client under Deco network ?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connection gets unstalbe when using VPN(GlobalProtect) in PC under Deco X60 network
2022-07-25 11:37:37

@gasuketsu beingmrkenny

Thank you very much for the feedback.

It is not a known issue but there are several similar feedback on different models.

Would you help me check the following information:

1. Are the VPN client laptops connected to Deco via Ethernet cable or wifi?

--If via wifi, is it possible to test the Ethernet connection?

---if a cable connection is not available, please turn off the "Mesh Technology" on the laptops first:

At the same time, I will follow up on your case by email and please check whether you could get an email later.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Connection gets unstalbe when using VPN(GlobalProtect) in PC under Deco X60 network
2022-07-26 23:08:26

@David-TP 

David-TP wrote

Would you help me check the following information:

1. Are the VPN client laptops connected to Deco via Ethernet cable or wifi?

--If via wifi, is it possible to test the Ethernet connection?

---if a cable connection is not available, please turn off the "Mesh Technology" on the laptops first:

VPN client laptop was connected to Deco via wifi.

I have tested both wireless connection with turning off "mesh" and wired connection to Deco. (Tested with V3_1.0.11_220419 firmware)

In both cases, the problem was reproduced and connection got unstable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 506

Replies: 2

Tags

VPN