Router's ping get high after a while.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-23 08:46:11
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20210226 rel.34930(5553)

Hi my router gets ping high after a while. I'm using archer c6 (us) one with latest stable firmware on it. I've disabled 'onemesh', 'wmm' and 'NAT boost' feature.But I'm still facing the router's high ping issue. I've attached a screenshot. 

File:
Untitled.pngDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:Router's ping get high after a while.
2022-07-25 08:14:07

Hello @RamimRashid 

Please refer to this guide to do some basic troubleshooting if the ping is high when connected to the router:

What should I do if I get the high ping value from TP-Link Wi-Fi router? (Case 3)

If this doesn't help, please show us how you test the ping, which network you connect to when doing the ping, and what are the wireless settings on the C6.

If you are connecting to the C6 2.4G network, I would assume the 2.4G wireless networks could be congested in your area, please run a Wi-Fi analyzer on your phone to observe the networks, then try choosing a channel that has less interference with others to monitor the connectivity again. You can also change the channel width to 40MHz.

BTW, what is the brand and model of the wireless card on the computer that connects to the C6 wireless network? Please check and install the latest driver for it.

Options
Re:Router's ping get high after a while.
2022-08-15 05:26:58
I tried the same way you've referred to test ping. Sometimes (like 3-2 ping out of 10-15 ping) my router's ping reached to near 100ms or 100+ ms. Sometimes it conitinually gives me high ping. By the way i've tried to change width and channel on 2.4GHz.But still the same result. And I dont know whats the module name of my wireless card in my laptop. (laptop model: dell inspiron 3542) I guess I've a poor isp. Though they provide me a router to test, but that was okay. There was no high ping from the router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 265

Replies: 2

Related Articles