AX55 2.4ghz failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX55 2.4ghz failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX55 2.4ghz failure
AX55 2.4ghz failure
2022-07-23 16:39:20
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220428 rel.64552(4555)

Hey guys, had an ax55 for a while now and recently ive been having issues with the 2.4ghz band, i thought iyt might have been a problem with my re505x range extender or interference at the location of my router, so i placed the range extender on top of my router and the 2.4ghz of the range extender gets great signal .

i have come to the conclusion that the 2.4ghz band has failed in my router...

is there any known issues with 2.4ghz in the latest firmware? a software reset doesn't seem to fix the issue...

ive had this router less than 6 months so i wouldnt think something has failed...

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX55 2.4ghz failure
2022-07-23 17:21:09

i would like to roll back to the 1.09 firmware, that seemed to work well but it doesnt let me update, any idea how i can do this?

Options
2022-07-25 05:55:13

Hello @Hobba 

If the 2.4G network or connection is not stable, there might be strong wireless interference around you on the 2.4GHz band, you can check that with a Wi-Fi analyzer.

If that's the case, try selecting the least crowded wireless channel and setting it in the AX55 wireless settings instead of using Auto for Channel to improve your wireless experience.

You can also try to change the wireless security to WPA2-PSK AES, channel width to 20MHz, and mode to 802.11 b/g/n mixed.

BTW, what are the 2.4G client devices? Do all of them only support 2.4G connection?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-07-25 06:47:37

@Kevin_Z 

I have 3 ring cameras and a couple of printers, wifi analyzer doesn't show any other networks that can potentially conflict.

things seemed to get worse since upgrading to firmware 1.10.
even my phone which is 2.4+5ghz seems to be having issues since i upgraded from 1.09 and i cant roll back...

hopefully there's a patch soon or a way to roll back

Options
2022-07-25 09:50:28

@Hobba 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 818

Replies: 4

Related Articles