Deco X20 semixpermanent loss of internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-24 17:59:43
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

Don't know the HW version, would be nice if it was on the case or displayed clearly in the app, but purchased 3 weeks ago from Amazon. 

Set a. Pack up a couple of weeks ago and it worked perfectly using Ethernet backhaul from a NetGeat switc for the satellites with Spectrum Docsys ET2251 modem. Even bought an M5 for the patio. 

After a couple of weeks of flawless operation. Lost internet connectivity with red lights all around. However the internet was fine when I connected my laptop directly to the modem.  With only the master X20 connected rebooting the modem and X20 would give me about 1 minute of internet before a red light and loss of internet. 

After many careful retries I decided the master must be bad.  I swapped for a satellite, reset it, and restarted from factory defaults. Once again things worked, but only for about 12 hours before it failed with red lights just as before. Once again a direct laptop to internet modem connection works fine as does my original Apple Airport router. 

I've put a half dozen hours into debugging this already. I'm an electrical engineer and not used to giving up, but I'm about to box this up and send it all back to Amazon. 

Is there anything else I should try or is the hardware just unreliable?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X20 semixpermanent loss of internet connection
2022-07-24 19:44:51 - last edited 2022-07-24 19:48:44

@RobPettengill 

If you like Deco mesh WiFi coverage, and have Apple Airport router, you can run Deco mesh in Access Point mode. It will be:

Docsys modem<--->Apple Airport router<--->Main Deco X20

See How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Options
Re:Deco X20 semixpermanent loss of internet connection
2022-07-25 06:15:18

@RobPettengill 

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers later and please check the email for further assistance.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 354

Replies: 2