my usb adapter (WN-725N) gives me weak net

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-26 16:19:22
Model: TL-WN725N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

my wifi usb adapter (TL-WN725N) is giving me bad speeds, i cant remember what model it is, going into the device manager instead gives me a realtek driver "Realtek RTL8188EU Wireless LAN 802.11n Network Adapter". I can connect to the wifi, it is just that i cannot browse the net because of slow speeds or no speed at all. i have tried plugging into other ports, they all give the same speed.

Options
1 Reply
Re:my usb adapter (WN-725N) gives me weak net
2022-08-03 06:19:10

Hello   @Rekius 

Please ensure other network devices at the same location could receive good speed from the same Wifi network. 

Disable other Wireless Network adapter except for TP-link device the 'Realtek RTL8188EU' device

You could try to uninstall the old driver and install the latest official driver 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wn725n/

Try a different Wi-Fi channel like channel 1,6,11 or scan the nearby Wi-Fi channel using app Wi-Fi analyzer or inSSIDer and find a relative idle channel for wifi router. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 324

Replies: 1