Low wifi performance of WPA4220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-27 14:48:42
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.4 Build 20220408 Rel.36351

Hi everyone,

I have a TL-WPA4220 KIT and two additional WPA4220 wifi in the house. Also I have a 94mbit internet line. I am having very low wifi speed with these weird devices. Here is how;

When I am connected to any of these WPA4220 wifi devices with an ethernet cable, I get 85mbit speed which is pretty good to me. So electric line is fine.

When I am connected to any of these WPA4220 wifi devices with wifi, I get max 15mbit which is a disaster to me. They say these are 300mbit wifi devices but I doubt it. Just these devices are bad.

By the way, I have a new computer with a good wifi on it. I get 87-88 Mbits on 5Ghz and 52-55 Mbits on 2.4Ghz. So my computer is fine too.

So, is there anyone who gets 40-50 mbits on wifi with these devices?

Tp-Link support line here doesn't know anything or doesn't care at all. They said devices might have problem and they want me to send them in. They think all 3 devices might be bad. Statistically impossible! And I am sure devices has nothing bad at all, just they low speed, devices and they don't do what they are supposed to do!

Probably i will never buy these things again. Looking for other options.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Low wifi performance of WPA4220
2022-07-29 10:57:41

@xterso 

Hey

I havent used these devices in a few years, but they can get around 70-90mbps via WiFi with some tweaking.

As all 2.4ghz devices, they are subject to massive interference as the 2.4ghz spectrum is usually flooded in all scenarios that I come accross, its best to do a channel scan and select the "best of a bad bunch" and set that channel.  Remember that only 1  6  and 11 channels dont interfere so best stick to them, OR  go for channel 13 as its rarely used.. however not all devices support it.

Settings wise.  40mhz channels,  WPA2 PSK and choose  N Only to get the fastest possible speeds.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 444

Replies: 1