internet disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

internet disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
37 Reply
[Solution] Archer C80 internet disconnecting
2022-11-09 18:40:21

Kevin_Z wrote

Hello @zexy and all,

If any of you still experience an internet disconnecting issue when connecting the Archer C80 to your ISP network, and the internet LED becomes orange when the issue happens, it's suggested to try installing the below beta firmware that provided by our developing team and monitor the connectivity for some time:

Archer C80_V1_220930

Note: 
1. Please be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding!
2. This beta version applies to both the EU and US versions.

Do let me know if the beta firmware helps resolve the issue or not.

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, i had a slightly different issue. The LED never changed color and it went down like every 10 minutes or so.
This is the Syslog info:
[wan]Wan ethernet port plug off.
  1days, 18:57:20, [dhcpc]interface bring down
  1days, 18:57:20, [wan]advanced ddns -wanChanged
  1days, 18:57:21, [wan]Wan ethernet port plug on.
  1days, 18:57:22, [dhcpc]Send DISCOVER with unicast flag 0
  1days, 18:57:22, [dhcpc]Recv OFFER from server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  1days, 18:57:22, [dhcpc]Send REQUEST to server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with request ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  1days, 18:57:23, [dhcpc]eth0 set ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx mask 255.255.252.0 gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  1days, 18:57:23, [wan]advanced ddns -wanChanged
  1days, 18:57:23, [wan]systool sntpc -sntpRequest
  1days, 18:57:23, [dnsproxy]Register Dns Detect
  1days, 18:57:23, [dnsproxy]Register primary = 0x481d251, secondary = 0xc604550
  1days, 18:57:23, [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.

After installing the beta firmware its up without any disconnects for a day now. What i really didn't like was the german support hotline. The guy there told me it couldn't be router causing the problems even after telling him a few times that i did check with my isp and it was working with a different router.

Options
2022-11-10 01:32:29

@N3j 

Thank you very much for letting us know that the beta firmware also helps resolve the disconnect issue.

Sorry to hear your initial interaction with our German Support Team was anything less than satisfactory, and we would feed back to the local team and make sure they are aware of this solution.

Options
2022-12-08 12:15:40 - last edited 2022-12-08 12:17:03

@Kevin_Z , thank you for your assistance to everyone in this forum. I have the same issue (internet disconnecting regularly, LED turning yellow) but with an Archer C64 (V1). Do you have a beta firmware that I could try for this model, please?

If not, any other solutions or workarounds for the C64?

Edit: I am currently running the latest available firmware version: 1.12.0 Build 221010 Rel.35508n(4555)

Options
2022-12-08 12:38:06

Geo12 wrote

@Kevin_Z , thank you for your assistance to everyone in this forum. I have the same issue (internet disconnecting regularly, LED turning yellow) but with an Archer C64 (V1). Do you have a beta firmware that I could try for this model, please?

If not, any other solutions or workarounds for the C64?

Edit: I am currently running the latest available firmware version: 1.12.0 Build 221010 Rel.35508n(4555)

@Geo12 Thank you for following up on this topic.

Can I know when did you purchase the router, and when did the issue start to happen?

Who is your ISP? Please make sure the ISP provided modem is stable.

When you mentioned the internet disconnects regularly, can you please tell us how often does the internet disconnect, and how does it recover? Do you need to reboot the C64 or just want for the internet coming back automatically?

Please go through some basic troubleshooting suggestions in this thread, and report the requested information via email to support:

Router Disconnects from Internet

Options
2022-12-08 13:07:26

@Kevin_Z , thank you for your quick answer.

I bought the C64 in July 2021. It was working fine initially but started to disconnect from the internet following a firmware update. Unfortunately, I don't remember if it happened after the first or a subsequent update.

The router is not connected to a modem but rather to the ISP's network switch using a direct LAN cable. I asked the ISP to inspect the cable and they found no issues during their visit in my home. In any case, this is still the same cable that I was using with my previous router (from another brand) and that initially worked fine with the C64.

The router disconnects from the internet several times per day but I haven't measured the time between two disconnections. I don't think it happens on regular periods but I will pay attention to this from now on.

Rebooting the router always reconnects it to the ISP but it also reconnects if I switch from dynamically-assigned DNS servers to static ones (like Google's). In addition, it also reconnects if I release and renew its DHCP lease.

I am afraid that I have never had the patience to wait for an automatic reconnection especially since this disrupts my work. I will see if I can do this outside activity hours.

I will send this together with the log file also in the other thread that you indicated.

Options
2022-12-09 02:34:23

@Geo12 

Thanks so much for sharing all the detailed info. Your email has been escalated to our engineers, they will investigate and suggest further.

Options
Re:internet disconnecting
2023-01-18 20:45:42

Hello Techies,

From last 3 days I am struggling with network drop issue on “TP-Link Archer C80”.

There are errors in the log which you need to consider,

1. DHCPS Lease hostname not found
  2. inetd select error abort

The main problem is, router is not able to find the hostname of a device which is connected to your router. Any single device having this hostname issue can drop your network or I would say crash your inetd service.

Login to TP-Link admin portal -> Network Map -> Clients

Go to the above path and check if you have changed the “Device Info” of any device.

I had changed the device info to identify the devices, but it requires either “hostname” of the device or “Unknown” tag.

If you change the “Device Info” router will not able to pick the hostname and it will through you hostname not found error and inetd service will crash.

Solution:

If you have changed the “Device Info” for any of the connected device, change it again to its hostname or “Unknown”.

To check the hostname of windows or linux device:

Open CMD/shell and type command “hostname”, copy this hostname and update in clients.

Please check the screenshot below,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1id9cNIMBiOrOfIOAzAGxlfiQlf1vW05J/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mAmirgzpWVXKiEkOYOI5gmcud1Vow3JM/view?usp=sharing

My router is working fine now, but my android TV is not working on router.

Other android devices worked with "Unknown" tag.

Let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Priyesh Manwatkar.

Options
Related Articles