Yamaha Stereo receiver on a Deco 2 unit router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-29 00:03:26
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

If you review my stream regarding Sharing a WIFI printer this is the latest challenge. Again I am running Win 10 and my Router is a Bell Fibe.2000 router. The Deco is configured as a router (not Access Point) and I have managed to connect to it and use : 2 Windows PCs; 2 cell phones (Samsung Android); and a network printer. I am now trying to connect my Yamaha Stereo Receiver that uses my WIFI for its MusicCast system. On the Yamaha I have twice changed the defined network to my new Deco Router and it does say CONNECTED on the Yamaha. As yet I can't see it using the TP-Link app. The other compnents are listed on my new DECO router. Any ideas why I am not finding it?

Brewster

Options
3 Reply
Re:Yamaha Stereo receiver on a Deco 2 unit router
2022-07-29 03:04:55

@Brewster 

Hi, have you checked on the Yamaha Stereo receiver whether it got the correct IP address from Deco?

And on the App client, would there be any unknown device with the same MAC/IP address?

If possible, could you please log into the web UI to see whether there is such a device:https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/kb/detail/412520

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-29 11:16:55 - last edited 2022-07-29 11:23:18

@David-TP Hi David. A bit confused. I can find IP and MAC address on the Yamaha but how do I know the correct one if I can't see it on my TP phone app? Just went to this website and now I AM confused. It talks about the differences between the Deco Web UI, The Deco App, and the router UI. Any way you can put these in perspective for me? I assume Deco App is the one I had to download to my phone and have logged into many times. What is the Router UI and this Deco WEb UI?

Options
2022-07-29 22:17:07 - last edited 2022-07-29 22:34:37

@Brewster Caan't seem to get Quick Reply working. Getting a server error? I see my Yamaha does not support ipv6? Is that a problem? Also the phone app has a button for WPS for each of my units which I am using to connect to the Yamaha WPS but I don't see on my Deco package specs that my Deco M4 R ver 3.0 supports WPS. Back to your questio, I logged into the web support site. It says under Internet Status: Connection Type Dynamic IP & Internet IP address 1.168.2.38 (my Bell?). For each Deco unit I see: main unit 192.168.68.1 and the second unit 192.168.68.103. On my Yamaha I see IP is 192.168.182.2

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 585

Replies: 5

Related Articles