Deco M5 Guest Network features problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-29 08:41:10
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 Build 20220525 Rel. 48298

"Isolate from Main Network" and "Bandwidth Control" feature of my Deco M5 on the Guest Network isn't working.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Guest Network features problem
2022-07-29 09:00:24

@victorpaul80 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

May I have more details about how you found out these features are not working correctly, any pictures/logs or something?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-29 09:20:45

@David-TP First pic shows the said features turned on,

Second pic shows I'm currently connected to the Guest Network

Third pic shows guest network can access my Main Network's Router GUI OpenWRT (My DECO m5 is operating in AP Mode)
Fourth pic shows the speed limit in download and upload that I set and,
Fifth and last pic shows the Bandwidth Control isn't working.

Was running my Deco M5 in AP mode since I bought it, and was using the "Isolate from Main Network'" and "Bandwidth Control" feature since the latest firmware update introduced it specially the Bandwidth Control one. It was working before then I decided to randomly test now and it shows otherwise.

Options
2022-08-01 08:45:11

@victorpaul80 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

Under Access point mode, guest network devices are only allowed to access the network gateway in order to get internet service so it is normal for them to be able to access the web UI of the main router. I think the guest network is still separated from the main network.

But the Bandwidth limit of the guest network in your network did behave incorrectly.

Have you tested whether other clients in the guest network have the same issue?

Did you set up any additional device/application priority for these devices?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-01 09:19:47

@David-TP I understand now that Guest devices can access the Main router GUI, they should just be isolated from each other and the devices from the Main Network. AP Isolation if I'm not mistaken. :)

Regarding the Bandwidth control problem, I did reset all 3 Decos to factory to eliminate all potential set device/application priorities to start from scratch, unfortunately after setting it up and turning on Guest Wifi and setting the BW Control again, it still doesn't work

Options
2022-08-01 11:48:43

@victorpaul80 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I would like to follow up on your case by email and please check whether you have got any email from me.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-01 11:51:49

@David-TP Received and responded on it! :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 342

Replies: 6