Newly bought router 5GHz keep disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-29 15:13:33 - last edited 2022-07-29 15:17:29
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.17 v0001.0 Build 200915 Rel.56357n(5553)

my wifi keep disconnecting in 5Ghz band but 2.4GHz is working fine. I have to reboot my router everytime in order to use 5GHz band. Please advice what should I do. Should I replace my router? Is it because of the software glitch or router? @Kevin_Z 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Newly bought router 5GHz keep disconnecting
2022-08-01 02:26:24

Hello @Djsince 

Can you confirm or observe which channel the router is broadcasting as regards the 5GHz? I would suggest trying to modify the 5G settings on the C20, you can run a Wi-Fi analyzer on the phone to review the 5G networks around you, then choose one that with less interference with others to observe if the connection will be more stable.

BTW, is the C20 brand new or it was working fine before? You may also refer to this article to check if it is located in a proper location:

How to place your wireless router for optimal reception and performance?

What are the devices that connect to the 5GHz? Be sure the OS version or driver version for the wireless adapter is up-to-date.

Options
Re:Newly bought router 5GHz keep disconnecting
2022-08-02 19:13:18

Hello @Kevin_Z 

The wireless setting of the 5GHZ channel is in Auto. It is a brand new router, bought few days back and the 5GHz wifi signal is dropping from the first day. 

Only one device (mobile phone) is connected to 5GHz and OS version/driver version is up to date.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 240

Replies: 2