Deco E4 vs Apple TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco E4 vs Apple TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco E4 vs Apple TV
Deco E4 vs Apple TV
2022-07-31 14:32:22
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 Build 20211101 Rel. 75384

Recently installed the Deco E4, presently in router mode.

I have been using my Apple TV but Netflix does not load. I have turned off Fast Roaming and Beaforming. Both the Decos and Apple TV are on the latest software and firmware. I have not had any issues with YouTube but Netflix does not open and gives the message "Sorry, we had trouble logging in". 

I have checked on my laptop and Netflix doesn't work either but it works on my iPad. 

I have not enabled any parental controls. I have created a guest network and only connected the Apple TV, it still does not work on 2.4GHz or 5GHz and turned off Mesh Technology.

Please help

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco E4 vs Apple TV
2022-08-02 12:06:32

@AhAhJJ 

Have you tried to change the DNS server to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 as well:

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

Options
2022-08-02 13:10:00

@David-TP Just tried that, still not working.

Once I have, does it matter which network the Apple TV is connected to because when I did it the apple tv was connected to the guest network. Not sure if that makes a difference

Options
2022-08-04 08:01:53

@AhAhJJ 

Hi, I believe the guest network would not be the problem since only one APP is blocked on the Apple TV.

How about your laptop? is it also connected to the guest network?

And if you try to ping netflix site on the laptop, what would you get? How to Use the Ping Command

Have you tried to access netflix websites via a different browser on the laptop?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 503

Replies: 3

Related Articles