Votes

Deco X73 DSL - Wi Fi channels

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Possibility to change WiFi channels. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Possibility to change WiFi channels. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-02 01:36:39 - last edited 2022-11-02 11:03:02

Hi

I believe from looking at other models the answer to this question is 'you cannot', but I will ask anyway:

• How do you define the channels used for 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz (I have the smart feature enabled atm)?
  • If not currently possible, is this on the backlog for a future release?
  • If on the backlog, when 'roughly' might that release be issued?

With regards to 'why' I want to define the channel: the usual obvious answer of avoiding conflicts with other routers to maximise performance.

Cheers

Paul

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X73 DSL - Wi Fi channels
2022-08-03 01:44:13 - last edited 2022-11-02 11:02:50

@ScoobyDownUnder a lot of wifi device mfrs doing this these days...the average Joe has no idea how to configure this stuff correctly, most just leave it at factory default, so mfrs are doing it automatically...scanning the area to detect what channels are congested and configuring theirs appropriately.

David does a great job of describing it in the solution here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/154561

Options
Re:Deco X73 DSL - Wi Fi channels
2022-08-03 02:01:32 - last edited 2022-11-02 11:02:50

@JuzDU Appreciate the prompt helpful response. Agree that the link/post was a good explanation.

However, the argument assumes the device is used as a mesh, and that might not be true in all cases. My case: I have a Netgear R9000 Nighthawk that I'm also operating (great/fast WiFi).  At some point I will probably utilise the mesh approach, but not for a while...hence wanting the manual control over channels so I can go from 2 on the same to 1 :-)

Anyway, it is not a big drama...I just like to optimise where possible, so I guess I await an update that does allow me that control.

My bigger battle is getting IPv6 working with this new DSL (was working fine with my Netgear DM200).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 359

Replies: 2