Some apps on android phone don't connect at all or loads really slow.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-02 11:40:18 - last edited 2022-08-11 09:54:30
Tags: #connection issue
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20211118 rel.43110(5553)

I connect my laptop wired, and have no connection problems, everything works perfectly. But with Wi-Fi on the phone, some apps are loading very slowly. I have to wait 5 minutes every so often. The only solution is using some VPN, but even with the VPN I can't connect via TCP, I have to change connection mode to UDP. What could be the issue here? If you guys need additional information, I can provide.

— I've tried with other phones and the issue persists there as well.

— I'm using Cloudflare DNS

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Some apps on android phone don't connect at all or loads really slow.-Solution
2022-08-11 09:54:22 - last edited 2022-08-11 09:54:30

@Kevin_Z 

The issue was that I had IPv6 enabled, when I disabled it, everything started working normally.

Apologies for the trouble.

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:Some apps on android phone don't connect at all or loads really slow.
2022-08-04 06:56:45

@Darvesh 

What kind of apps on the Android phone cannot be connected? How about other applications or web browsing, are they working fine? 

Is the Android phone connected to the 2.4G or 5G network? What if you connect the laptop to that network also, will the internet work properly on the laptop?

Please try different DNS server settings on the router, you may try Google's 8.8.8.8.

Options
2022-08-06 13:50:50 - last edited 2022-08-06 13:54:14

@Kevin_Z

I'm nearby router all the time, hence always connected to 5G

Apps that don't work

1. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.epifi.paisa = It doesn't load, waited 3 minutes

2. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rubenmayayo.reddit =

I can browse Reddit on browser on mobile phone, but Media and comments on each post take more than 20 seconds to load in the above app

3. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.windscribe.vpn

I can't connect with TCP, have to change connection mode to UDP for this VPN

4. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.protonvpn.android = it doesn't load at all

5. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bt.bms = it doesn't load at all.

My laptop is connected to the same network wired, ProtonVPN desktop version works on laptop even when connected to Wi-Fi network.

I have tried different DNS, but it doesn't solve the issue.

I have no problem when using a browser. It loads all the sites.

Options
2022-08-08 11:40:32

@Darvesh 

Please check and be sure this issue happens when you are connecting to the 5G or 2.4G network, then try to connect to the other network of the Archer C6. You can create different wireless network names to distinguish them.

Please check if there are settings called DoS Protection on the Archer C6, you may go to Advanced > Security, try disabling it, then reboot the C6 to confirm.

You can also verify if there are Parental Control settings on the C6, be sure it doesn't block those APPs.

BTW, is the Archer C6 hardware version V3 or V3.20? Is it a US version or an EU one? You can verify that by checking the device label.

Options
2022-08-09 15:18:47

@Kevin_Z 

I tried connecting to both 2.5G and 5G, the issue persists on both network.

I have DoS protection off already.

I have parental controls disabled.

It's V3.20 (US) version.

Options
2022-08-10 01:12:03

@Darvesh 

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options
Re:Some apps on android phone don't connect at all or loads really slow.-Solution
2022-08-11 09:54:22 - last edited 2022-08-11 09:54:30

@Kevin_Z 

The issue was that I had IPv6 enabled, when I disabled it, everything started working normally.

Apologies for the trouble.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-11 10:55:36

@Darvesh 

Thank you very much for your update, it's glad to hear that you figured it out.yes

Can I confirm if your ISP provides an IPv6 connection or not? Did you enable the IPv6 on the C6 and does the phone get an IPv6 address when connecting to the C6 via Wi-Fi?

Options
2022-08-11 11:12:55

@Kevin_Z 

My ISP supports IPv6, but neither phone nor laptop got IPv6 address when I have it enabled.

whatis my ip address(website) shows IPv4 in phone and laptop.

test-ipv6(website) shows the DNS I use supports IPv6.

Options
2022-08-11 11:15:59 - last edited 2022-08-11 11:16:56

On the other hand,

Options
2022-08-12 06:57:07

@Darvesh 

Who is your IPv6 provider? 

If the IPv6 doesn't work properly when connecting via the C6, I would like to forward your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 623

Replies: 10

Tags

connection issue