Deco M5 DDNS Disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-02 19:52:49 - last edited 2022-08-05 01:24:00
Tags: #DDNS
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.0

Recently i moved my whole Home Setup from TP Link Archer A6 WAN Connection to Deco M5 system. I keep track of my Internet status using NoIP DDNS and Uptime Robot to check downtime. I have logged in successfully logged in NoIP DDNS System on my Deco M5 and also have a Dynamic IP from my ISP so added option to Bind IP Address to my DDNS. Now with uptime robot i get updates on my Discord Server whenever there is network up or down. From the day i installed Deco M5, it continously gives me messages saying Internet is down on that specific address but i am still connected to my remote desktop using that DDNS System and also IP after the network is back online is still same WAN IP. I didnt face this issue until i installed Deco M5. I have same ISP setup on other locaiton where Archer A6 is the primary device and it also has own DDNS and that is working perfectly. 

Uptime Robot Pic : 

Discord Message :

I have checked every possible issue with my ISP and everything, also tried using old Router and seems there was no issues, it is happening with Deco system only. Also DDNS system would not work with default DNS provided by my ISP instead only logged in when i used 8.8.8.8 as my main DNS. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5 DDNS Disconnecting-Solution
2022-08-04 18:07:16 - last edited 2022-08-05 01:24:00

@David-TP Instead of formatting my old Archer A6 , i changed my DDNS address and registered a fresh one for my deco  and it seems there is no issue now. It seems that old Router Archer A6 services are still in use once changed to Access Point mode. 

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco M5 DDNS Disconnecting
2022-08-03 07:15:30

@TandelK 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I am not sure what happened here and would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please check whether you have received any email later.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-03 19:15:23 - last edited 2022-08-03 19:15:52

@David-TP 

Is it possible that i changed my existing Archer A6 to access point directly instead of resetting it to factory defaults? This can lead to my old Router still trying to access NOIP config from backend and creating issue ? 

Options
2022-08-04 06:35:10

@TandelK 

Hi, Once Archer A6 is on access point mode, it no longer supports NOIP DDNS anymore and I think it shouldn't be the problem.

If you have such confusion, it would help if you could temporarily unplug the A6 from the network to see whether the issue would stop.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco M5 DDNS Disconnecting-Solution
2022-08-04 18:07:16 - last edited 2022-08-05 01:24:00

@David-TP Instead of formatting my old Archer A6 , i changed my DDNS address and registered a fresh one for my deco  and it seems there is no issue now. It seems that old Router Archer A6 services are still in use once changed to Access Point mode. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-05 01:28:30

@TandelK Thank you very much for the update.

That's good to know what might be the problem.

I will keep the engineers informed and check whether they are able to reproduce the same issue.

It is also appreciated if you could keep monitoring for a while to make sure everything is ok.

Best regards.

Options
2022-10-23 00:41:26 - last edited 2022-10-23 00:49:36

@David-TP There seems to be issue again coming with unknown thing. I just figured out that Deco has been sending wrong WAN IP after few minutes to NO-IP Service and that leads to uptime robot automatically trying to ping new unknown IP which is not at all associated with my WAN IP. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 780

Replies: 6

Tags

DDNS
Related Articles