Parental control on lan port?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-02 20:02:37
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V18
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

Hi, we use the deco's in our home and in the app I have parental control on the ise of xbox, phones, laptopa and all. 
since one week, I cannot see if my son is on the Xbox anymore. it doesn't show up in the connected devices. That's weird! Can it be, that if he used the LAN port on the Deco, that it doesn't show as a device in the list of connected sevices? And if so / how can I control the devices on the LAN connection then? Cannot dins a thing about this, please help

Options
2 Reply
Re:Parental control on lan port?
2022-08-03 01:21:00

@MacMartino the deco app should show both wired and wireless devices connected to the network. Any chance he's connected the Xbox to the guest network, or perhaps even a hotspot to get around the parental controls? Can you take a look at the Xbox's network settings to confirm it's definitely connected to your main Deco network?

Options
Re:Parental control on lan port?
2022-08-03 06:42:29

@JuzDU i will try. It cannot be a hotspot, since there's no activity on any other devices in the network. I'll try to login to the xbox and check its settings. It used to display the xbox, but since a week it has no activity anymore (and no new device or so). Weird. I'll get back to it when i can login to the settings

Options