Deco X50 cannot see other computers on the network and cannot share folders / files

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X50 cannot see other computers on the network and cannot share folders / files

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-02 23:34:46
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

Good morning guys, i have 4 units X50 Deco running in my small office. All are connected via LAN cables to each other. All are running fine except for the file sharing and i dont know why we cannot see all the PC connected through out the network? 

To give you an idea, our office have 7units desktop PC plus 1 unit "server" ( this server pc have all the documents we use for work, we access this pc to update records, copy files, etc. and is shared to all 7 desktops).  But after upgrading our old network router and switches to DECO X50.  the 7 desktops cannot see "server" and cannot access the shared folders.  What should we check or do?

thanks in advance!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X50 cannot see other computers on the network and cannot share folders / files
2022-08-03 01:17:09

@jl1213 just a quick guess, have you checked the server to see if the new network is set to Public or Private?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/make-a-wi-fi-network-public-or-private-in-windows-0460117d-8d3e-a7ac-f003-7a0da607448d#

I think it sets it to a Public network by default which means your computer is hidden from other devices and can't share files.

Options
Re:Deco X50 cannot see other computers on the network and cannot share folders / files
2022-08-03 02:50:59

@JuzDU Hi, thanks for the reply. We checked the parameter already. all PCs are on private network. We also tried to switch it to public then switch back to private. But still same problem.

Options
2022-08-03 06:28:31

@jl1213 

Hi, would it be possible to share with us how the 4*X50 are connected via cables to each other, is it like:

ISP modem--main X50---<cable>---satellite X50-1---<cable>---satellite X50-2---<cable>----satellite X50-3---file server

Then the 7*PCs are connected to the nearest Deco via Wi-Fi.

Or would there be any network switch in the network?

Have you checked whether the IP addresses of the server and PCs are in the same IP range?

And Are you able to ping the IP of the server on one of the PCs?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 522

Replies: 4

Related Articles