Connectivity issue iphone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-03 23:22:30
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am having an issue with the wife extender. Despite it can been connected to my phone (Iphone xs max), it cannot connect to many websites. In addition i am having problem with my smart tv in bedroom which i am trying to connect to the extender but signal is very bad. Even now it is connected to my router. Pls advise 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connectivity issue iphone
2022-08-04 06:20:12

Hello   @Dimme 

If the device has connected to Wi-Fi of extender but can not open certain websites, you could try to manually set up the DNS  settings for that device. 

• For IOS device, go to  Settings > Tap WLAN> select t of extenderTap Configure DNS> Manual > Key in  DNS  8.8.8.8 ; 8.8.4.4
  • Configure DNS for Windows PC as Step4-Part2-2)  https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/41/

For Smart TV bad signal, it could be caused by the limited Wi-Fi bandwidth 

It is recommended to put RE in the halfway between router and Wifi dead zone, How to place your wireless Range Extender for optimal reception and performance

Connect to 5Ghz Wifi band of range extender if TV supports 5Ghz 

Or try to wire your TV to the range extender via Ethernet cable and see if the connection gets better? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 335

Replies: 1

Related Articles