Possible to use POE+ injectors with TP Powerline on same electrical circuit?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-05 10:51:58 - last edited 2022-08-09 02:00:17
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone knows whether I can connect POE injector devices to power 2 x Unifi WiFi access points if I have Powerlne TL-PA9020P devices connected to the same electrical circuit at my home?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Possible to use POE+ injectors with TP Powerline on same electrical circuit?-Solution
2022-08-06 20:57:07 - last edited 2022-08-09 02:00:17

@handycapp 

Hey

In short answer, yes there is no problem with doing this.   POE sends power over the Ethernet cable, Powerline uses the electrical cables to send signals, they can work together with no issues.

However, you cannot send POE into the Powerline adaptor, the injector needs to be at the client side of the powerline connection.  

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Possible to use POE+ injectors with TP Powerline on same electrical circuit?-Solution
2022-08-06 20:57:07 - last edited 2022-08-09 02:00:17

@handycapp 

Hey

In short answer, yes there is no problem with doing this.   POE sends power over the Ethernet cable, Powerline uses the electrical cables to send signals, they can work together with no issues.

However, you cannot send POE into the Powerline adaptor, the injector needs to be at the client side of the powerline connection.  

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Possible to use POE+ injectors with TP Powerline on same electrical circuit?
2022-08-10 10:35:17

@handycapp Thank you Philbert for clarifying compatibility between the two.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 402

Replies: 2