Problem with extender.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problem with extender.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Problem with extender.
Problem with extender.
2022-08-05 11:52:21

Model is AC750

I bought the  tp-link extender yesterday. I bought it to see if it would make good internet speed more consistent. I have been using a repeater. That and my computer are upstairs. The router and a booster that came with the router are downstairs.

I have no wi-fi built into the computer. So I use a Usb thingie instead.

If I plug out the repeater, and just the use wi-fi "dongle," I see the name of my internet provider and tp-link extender when i press internet icon at the bottom right of my screen. If I click the tp-extender link, it won't connect.

If I plug in the repeater as well as the extender in , I get an additional option ie. the name of my provider-ext. Clicking that does give me a connection.

Both the repeater and the extender have slots for an ethernet connection.

If I connect my computer to the repeater through an ethernet cable. the computer recognises it as ethernet. Although the no wire going directly from the computer to the downstairs router. 3 lights are powered on

If i I leave the repeater plugged in, but connect the ethernet cable to the extender, a second light comes on the extender. But the computer only recognises it as Wi-Fi.

Only two lights are powered on.

But although I see the internet as being on, It won't even connect to speedtest.net.

When I try to acess tplinkrepeater.net, i get an error message.

Sorry it's all very complicated.

Trying to boil it down.

Using extender and wif dongle only. I can test not out the extender, although one light is dispaying.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem with extender.
2022-08-08 06:02:06

Hello  @irish66 

From your description, Tp-link range extender seems only has one Led on it, if so, it's not been set up successfully, it is recommended to factory reset it and reinstall it from Web page or Tether APP, 

• Put RE in the same room as the main router or AP, then set it up as instruction below,  make sure the Wi-Fi Led or Signal LEDs are ON on your extender first. 

[Configuration Guide]TP-Link Range Extender Setup (Range Extender Mode)

[Troubleshooting] Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

If still has no internet, can I know the model of your AC750, the model starts with RE-. what is about the Led status on range extender? 

Can you let us know the network topology , e.g.

• Router model x <wireless > router booster downstairs 
  • TP-Link range extender -<Ethernet>-USB adapter ---PC (no built-in wifi ) upstairs

Options
Re:Problem with extender.
2022-08-08 15:44:42

@irish66 Hi. iThanks very much. I got help from two people from Tp-Link. But  came to conclusion that the item is of no advantage to me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 290

Replies: 2

Related Articles