Range extender wirelessly connects to Wi-Fi routers to expand the home Wi-Fi network and improve coverage.
This Article includes:
- Part 1: 3 Methods to Set up an Extender (Tether APP/Web UI/WPS button)
- Part 2: Tips for Making a Successful Installation
- Part 3: How to Check if Range Extender Has successfully Connected to Wi-Fi router
Part1: Video & FAQ Instructions
YouTube Setup Video: How to set up a TP-Link Range Extender
1. Setting up Your Extender via Tether APP
- FAQ: How to configure Range Extender via Tether APP
- Check if your range extender supports Tether APP: Tether APP Compatibility List
2. Setting up Your Extender via Web UI
Single-band RE: How to configure my 11N Range Extender via Web GUI?
Dual-band RE: How to configure my range extender via web GUI?
3. Setting up Your Extender via WPS
FAQ: How to setup the range extender via WPS button?
Note: Range extender will copy the Wi-Fi SSID of your host network when using WPS button, therefore the default ‘TP-Link Extender XXX’ SSID will disappear after the connection is established. You could determine if the extender has connected to the Wi-Fi router successfully by its LED status as described in Part 3.
Part 2. Tips for Making a Successful Installation
1. Ensure the correct Wi-Fi password is put in when setting up your range extender.
- How to Verify Router Wi-Fi password?
- Forget router Wi-Fi on your mobile phone and manually input the Wi-Fi password to verify the router’s Wi-Fi password is correct. (Phone Settings > Wi-Fi > tap router's Wi-Fi SSID to forget network or Long press the network to delete the Wi-Fi profile).
- Or check the Wi-Fi password on the router Wireless Settings page.
2. Factory Reset Your Extender Before Reinstallation
- RESET: With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button (pinhole) until all the LEDs flash once.
Part3: How to Check if Range Extender has Successfully Connected to Wi-Fi router