tl-sg1005p

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tl-sg1005p

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
tl-sg1005p
tl-sg1005p
2022-08-06 14:03:00
Model: TL-SG1005P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi There

i have just bought a new POE switch 

i am trying a=to access the web interface but when ever i try and connect directly to the switch it issue my laptop with a 169..... ip address

if i connect the cable from the modem and then my laptop to another port i get issued ith a normal 192.168..... ip address but when i 

type 192.168.0.1 to access the switch web interface it comes back that it cant connect.

i have tried using the TP LINK utility to locate all switch's on the network and i cant find the switch 

and when i look in the modem settings there is no switch listed in the connected devices.

if i connect a device which needs POW to the new switch it does not get a connection or POE to the device.

any help would be much appreciated. 

regards

Duncan 

Options
2 Reply
Re:tl-sg1005p
2022-08-06 20:47:49

@RYYC 

Hey

The SG1005P is an un-managed switch and therefore does not have a web interface for you to access.   This should just be plug and play, no configuration required.   Due to its un-managed state it will not appear on the Router as a connected device

In terms of devices not getting POE from the switch, this should provide power to any device that has the POE or POE+ certification.   What device are you trying to connect?

Options
Re:tl-sg1005pe
2022-09-13 05:14:31

@RYYC 

I have the same issue with a TL-SG105PE v1 in that it does NOT detect the plugged-in device and therefore does not provide POE.

The devices are  Ubiquiti loco 5AC  and they work fine with a "normal"  24V 0.3A standalone POE   injector and every other POE switch I have used to power these devices.

Interestingly I also have the "non-smart" TL-100-5P v2 and it behaves in the same way - ie no POE out for these Ubiquiti locos. HMMMMMM!!!!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 762

Replies: 2

Related Articles