MAIN SSID OFF AND GUEST SSID ON

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-07 18:25:42
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello.

I am currently considering purchasing an AX73.

It seems that the guest SSID has the ability to prevent access to the management screen and other connected devices.

So I have a question.
Is it possible to turn off the WIFI function of the main SSID and turn on the WIFI function of the guest SSID for this AX73?

Or is it possible to set it so that the admin screen cannot be accessed from the main SSID? We would like to access the management screen only via wired LAN.

We are waiting for your answer. Thank you in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:MAIN SSID OFF AND GUEST SSID ON
2022-08-08 07:46:28

@ho3 

ho3 wrote

Hello.

I am currently considering purchasing an AX73.

It seems that the guest SSID has the ability to prevent access to the management screen and other connected devices.

So I have a question.
Is it possible to turn off the WIFI function of the main SSID and turn on the WIFI function of the guest SSID for this AX73?

Kevin_Z: Yes, you can disable the main 2.4G and 5G networks and only leave the Guest Network on. As you can see from the User Guide (Wireless settings), there is a Wireless Radio Enable/Disable check box, you can disable the wireless radio for the main network, and leave those on for the Guest.

Or is it possible to set it so that the admin screen cannot be accessed from the main SSID? We would like to access the management screen only via wired LAN.

We are waiting for your answer. Thank you in advance.

Kevin_Z: Yes, you can determine which device can access the router admin console by adding that device to the Local Managers list as described also in the User Guide (System > Administration > Local Management)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 174

Replies: 1

Related Articles